Navigator at Pan American Pier; Taxi info

sbell1

I just found out on our Nov. 19th cruise The Navigator will be docking at the Pan American Pier. How hard is it to get a taxi to El Morro and then back to the pier? How much should this cost? It would be much simpler for passengers if it docked at the Old San Juan pier! Didn't it used to do this?

Thanks

From what I have heard - RCI owns the Pan Am pier therefore uses it whenever it can. Usually when cruise begins and ends in San Juan it will use the Pan Am Pier but if San Juan is only a port STOP then they try to us the downtown piers (yes it is easier for pax) Have also heard exceptions to this rule though too. Taxi from pier to OSJ (where El Morro is) about $6.00 Taxis will be at the pier !!! We will be there the week after you - have fun.

I just found out on our Nov. 19th cruise The Navigator will be docking at the Pan American Pier. How hard is it to get a taxi to El Morro and then back to the pier? How much should this cost? It would be much simpler for passengers if it docked at the Old San Juan pier! Didn't it used to do this?

Thanks

Hi sbell, how did you find out which pier you will be docked at? We cruise NOS on December 31 and I will like to know which pier we will be at in SJ.

Hi Merry,

No, the piers are not the same. Check out the link below to see where the piers are located as well as some of the major hotels.

http://www.langland.org/cruises/sanjuan.asp

It also gives other good infomation as some of the taxi rates for you to get an idea of costs.

Hope this helps!

Kaye

Archived