Booking the Shows on Allure Question

marcyjane

Hi.....first time on the Allure and the window to book shows on my cruise planner should open up after the first of the year. Looking at an older schedule of shows and times it appears it takes a little skill to fit them all in and around dining. We are not interested in early dining so our choice is either MTD or Late. Which would you prefer in coordinating the many shows around dining? Any other suggestions/tips on reserving shows?

Edited by martyap

Hi.....first time on the Allure and the window to book shows on my cruise planner should open up after the first of the year. Looking at an older schedule of shows and times it appears it takes a little skill to fit them all in and around dining. We are not interested in early dining so our choice is either MTD or Late. Which would you prefer in coordinating the many shows around dining? Any other suggestions/tips on reserving shows?

When we sailed on Allure a couple of years ago, I found recent Compasses that someone had posted and made a spreadsheet with a schedule for each day. We had MTD. It's probably overkill for most people, but it worked for us.

Edited by handbellplayer

The way I did it was to book the shows first and then go back and book the dining times I wanted, to avoid conflict. This was for MTD. If you are doing traditional dining, you will have to book around your dinner time or go somewhere else to dine that night.

We are in GS on Allure next month. I didn't book any shows other than the Comedy because I thought we had seats upstairs... did I mess up?

No, you didn't. Full suites and Pinnacles do not need to book shows, just show your Seapass card to the staff at the entrance to the venue.

I've been playing around with show times more in relation whether the next day is a port or sea day. We have MTD and have only reserved 1st formal night. I've booked Sabor for 2nd sea Day and am most likely going to book the hibachi for the last sea day. Apart from that we are going to go with flow for dinner.

Is there a long line to get into the shows if you are booked. Just wondered if they have 2 lines. One for booked and one for not booked. Thanks

Yes, there is a line for people with reservations, and a standby line, which is not opened until about 15 minutes prior to show time, and only if space permits.