WiFi in Port Everglades

baronessk

I am on a B2B starting Sat. and my business partners are nervous that I'll be gone 13 days. I never travel with my computer as this is MY TIME to get away from it all and "come back new"! However I would like to know if I am able to stay on the ship on turn around day, log on and NOT use Princess wifi minutes? I just need to be able to open e-mail and use google search. Any ideas?? Thanks!

Yes, Port Everglades has WiFi now but I don't know whether you could stay on the ship and get it.

Plenty of WiFi in St. Thomas and San Juan and since they are both US Territories your cell phone service will work just like home.

Edited by Lido_Deck

Sorry, but I am not very techie, so pardon my ignorance. I have an unlimited data plan with AT&T and a laptop. Are you indicating that I have to use my cell phone as a WIFI spot and if so, how do I do that? Thanks!

Someone else will need to tell you how to use your ATT phone as a hotspot for your laptop. It uses a lot of data, I do know that, but if you have unlimited, no problem.

I check email and texts and access any other other internet based things on my iPhone until we sail away. That uses my Verizon data.

Back when I was working and had to travel with a laptop and do work related things while cruising, then yes, I did need to buy ship wifi.

You'll have to leave the ship at some point for customs. So take along your laptop and use the terminal while waiting to reboard.

Then with the right position on an outside deck, you should be able to continue onboard. If not, leave the ship again.

While on your first leg, you can get help in the computer center so you are set when you are on your 'break day".

Edited by eandj