Balcony or interior room on vista

Crgreen0524

Relaxing in your room with the balcony door open and the ocean sounds is amazing. Sleeping at night listening to ocean waves is amazing. There's no other way to get so much ocean with privacy on a ship. And the views!

We have stayed in interiors many times but would never book anything less than a balcony again.

Buy what you can afford and what you'll enjoy. There are benefits to a balcony and there are benefits to an interior.

I am trying to debate on getting a balcony and interior for my family or 2 interior rooms. We are going on the Vista and have never splurged for a balcony. Is it worth the extra $$$?

The balconies are always worth the cost - watching an early sunrise, watching the sunset with some cocktails before dinner, listening to the waves crashing -- we have an inside cabin for the first time this cruise - the only Havana cabin I could find - I know I'm going to miss my balcony

I am trying to debate on getting a balcony and interior for my family or 2 interior rooms. We are going on the Vista and have never splurged for a balcony. Is it worth the extra $$$?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! :)

Between 2 Interior cabins or 1 Balcony cabin ... 2 interior cabins would be my choice. Having access to 2 bathrooms and the extra space for clothes, etc. would trump having a balcony.

Balcony is worth it to us. Coffee, drinks , just relaxing.

When your spouse is getting ready for dinner it's nice to be able to sit outside. Of course with cocktail in hand.

You don't have to run up on deck to watch the ship pull into port, the sunrise, the moon at night, star gazing.

Plus it can be a nice break from the crowds.

Welcome to Cruise Critic! :)

Between 2 Interior cabins or 1 Balcony cabin ... 2 interior cabins would be my choice. Having access to 2 bathrooms and the extra space for clothes, etc. would trump having a balcony.

The options were:

1 balcony and 1 interior

2 interior

So they would still have two bathrooms

The options were:

1 balcony and 1 interior

2 interior

So they would still have two bathrooms

Yes but now you have 4 people getting ready.

Point being there is open space instead of cabin.

Don't see how having 2 bathrooms would change things.

As most here have stated, it is definitely worth it unless you simply can't afford it. Being able to enjoy the sun and water whenever you want without everybody else changes the whole experience. If you've only ever done inside cabins, you have to try it. Just had my first balcony, and one of the best feelings is waking up and wanting to see the water or islands and remembering "Hey!, I can walk outside RIGHT NOW and chill until room service brings me my Reuben!" Seriously, priceless.

What is your budget? Everyone is going to tell you to get the balcony because it isn't their money being spent.

I have went both way, insides when trying to stretch the budget and balcony when there was extra to play with.

Relaxing in your room with the balcony door open and the ocean sounds is amazing. Sleeping at night listening to ocean waves is amazing.

You're actually not supposed to leave the balcony door open. It literally says so right on the door. Doing so interferes with the AC. It's the reason why so many people then end up complaining that their rooms are too hot: because the AC's get overworked and cannot work properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

all I'm going to say is Balcony=1 bathroom, 2 interiors=2 bathrooms!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Relaxing in your room with the balcony door open and the ocean sounds is amazing. Sleeping at night listening to ocean waves is amazing. There's no other way to get so much ocean with privacy on a ship. And the views!

We have stayed in interiors many times but would never book anything less than a balcony again.

Buy what you can afford and what you'll enjoy. There are benefits to a balcony and there are benefits to an interior.

That is VERY sound advice!!

It depends on how much of a splurge it is. Balconies are great but as a frugal person, I can't help but constantly think of how that extra 4-500+ is another cruise fare. We had a great price on a guarantee balcony which was awesome, but have booked interior ever since because of the price. For sail away from ports, we usually find a window seat somewhere on lido and grab a drink. We watch the "pier runners" from somewhere on the open decks lol. In general, we just limit the amount of time in the room

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

You're actually not supposed to leave the balcony door open. It literally says so right on the door. Doing so interferes with the AC. It's the reason why so many people then end up complaining that their rooms are too hot: because the AC's get overworked and cannot work properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Not condoning leaving the doors open, but aren't all the rooms on the Vista set up with their own thermostat and A/C? Propping them open, while I am sure is frowned upon for safety reasons (?), would not affect anyone else's air temperature.

Not condoning leaving the doors open, but aren't all the rooms on the Vista set up with their own thermostat and A/C? Propping them open, while I am sure is frowned upon for safety reasons (?), would not affect anyone else's air temperature.

Sure it will. The AC units run in sections, each cabin doesn't have its own. There is a limited potential cooling capacity on each circuit. When that is reached the temperature rises, no way around it.

all I'm going to say is Balcony=1 bathroom, 2 interiors=2 bathrooms!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

But it was stated 1 balcony and 1 interior OR 2 interior rooms.

No matter how you cut it they will have 2 bathrooms/2 rooms.

i could be wrong here, but i'm pretty sure the AC system shuts off automatically when the balcony door is open.

OP, how many people will be in each cabin? Just be aware that on the Vista, there is only 1 hanging closet in the interiors. The other closet with shelves also has less shelves as the safe and drawers are in there too.

The balcony will have the usual 2 hanging closets plus the one with shelves and drawers.

Whatever you decide, enjoy your cruise.