Allure or Vista

cwmcaa

Taking our adult kids (24-27 yrs) on a cruise and right now I have both the Vista and the Allure booked. I can't decide which would be more fun for that age group. Has anyone been on both of these ships and might share some insight with me? I am posting this on the Carnival page also.

Appreciate all your help!

Edited by cwmcaa

I have done both, have Vista booked a second time and haven't done Allure again if that gives you a clue to my thoughts ;)

Hard to recommend one over the other without knowing your preferences in cruising.

In general I would say:

"Big" entertainment shows definitely better on the Allure, "small" entertainment options (Comedy club, move theater, etc.) I would take Vista.

Pool areas - Allure over Vista

Other top deck options (Mini golf, skyride, ropes course, other games and activities) - Vista over Allure

Enjoyed the free food options on Vista over what we found on Allure, not a big pay for food crew so I cant really compare the specialties

Price should definitely be in Vista's favor which doesn't hurt in my mind ;)

If you have specific Q's I will do my best to answer.

My sister, an experienced cruiser, just got off Vista. She sailed on the Allure earlier this year. I thought for sure she would recommend the Vista over the Allure simply because she's a "Carnival Type of Gal" but she didn't. She called me her first day aboard Vista just to tell me that Allure wins, hands down, over Vista. I guess it depends upon what type of experience you're looking for. Allure is water slide free.

My daughter was on oasis of the Seas last December and Carnival Breeze for honeymoon Nov. 5. She is 27 and husband 37. They picked Breeze because of the ports...but they could have gone on Liberty of the Seas same itinerary. Hands down she said Oasis over Breeze...and she should have gone on Liberty. Overall the food was not as good, she missed the huge cantilever whirlpools on Oasis size of ships, she missed having the Promenade, and she missed the adult solarium area. My daughter is super picky for food and RCCL was better over the Breeze. In her words, no comparison Oasis size ship hands down.

Sent from my iPad using Forums