Need help on what to do...

kwazi07

Hi everyone!

I'm going to be in Cozumel from 8am to 5pm. I for sure want to buy some tequila and eat at this restaurant we loved last time but I don't know what to do otherwise.

We were planning on visiting the San Gervasio ruins, but the taxi ride is long and expensive. There aren't any short excursions that are reasonably priced...I'm not going to pay $40 to be taken to a beach then to make guacamole.

I'm not really interested in a beach day as I'm having my main beach day in Nassau.

Do y'all have any suggestions? We're a family of five so things get pricey fast...

Sent from Tapatalk

Hi everyone!

I'm going to be in Cozumel from 8am to 5pm. I for sure want to buy some tequila and eat at this restaurant we loved last time but I don't know what to do otherwise.

We were planning on visiting the San Gervasio ruins, but the taxi ride is long and expensive. There aren't any short excursions that are reasonably priced...I'm not going to pay $40 to be taken to a beach then to make guacamole.

I'm not really interested in a beach day as I'm having my main beach day in Nassau.

Do y'all have any suggestions? We're a family of five so things get pricey fast...

Sent from Tapatalk

If this is for your Navigator cruise you will dock at International Pier. Where is the tequila place you are visiting and are you taking a taxi? Will you be in town?

What are the general ages of your party and what sort of thing do you like to do - active, cultural? Cozumel is an island so most, (not all) activities revolve around water and beaches. I appreciate that costs add up quickly for 5 but beach days are probably the prime destination for most people visiting Cozumel and there are beaches to suit all sorts and budgets - AI/PAYG, active/quiet, developed/rustic.

I am a little confused by your question. San Gervasio is not far, in my opinion (20 minutes?) so just trying to determine where you will be on the island and approximate budget before we can help with suggestions.

Edited by c-leg5

If this is for your Navigator cruise you will dock at International Pier. Where is the tequila place you are visiting and are you taking a taxi? Will you be in town?

We're just visiting this store in downtown we visited last time we were in Cozumel. I can't remember the name of it for the life of me, but it was near Diamonds international. We took a taxi but walked back. I don't remember what dock we were at on Carnival, but it was NOT Puerta Maya.

What are the general ages of your party and what sort of thing do you like to do - active, cultural? Cozumel is an island so most, (not all) activities revolve around water and beaches. I appreciate that costs add up quickly for 5 but beach days are probably the prime destination for most people visiting Cozumel and there are beaches to suit all sorts and budgets - AI/PAYG, active/quiet, developed/rustic.

Active and cultural are honeslty the two things we like. I live in Florida and love the beach, but again we live in FL so we only need so much beach. I already have a nice day pass in Nassau, so like I said I don't think I want to do another beach day. Perhaps a tour with a beach stop, though.

I am a little confused by your question. San Gervasio is not far, in my opinion (20 minutes?) so just trying to determine where you will be on the island and approximate budget before we can help with suggestions.

It's not necessarily the distance, but the cost. I would like to keep our non food and shopping expenses under $100, and San Gervasio is just under that, but I'm not sure if $95 is worth it. The ruins look okay, but the reviews on Tripadvisor are kind of meh. But if you've been and recommend it, I'll take your word for it!

I would pay more than $100 if it's more of an organized tour to take the DIY hassle out of it, probably $200.

See bolded responses above.

Hi everyone!

Sent from Tapatalk

We like to rent a car and drive around the island while in Cozumel. You can rent them right near the pier for about $30 for the whole day and you can explore on your own time. Its easy driving and absolutely beautiful scenery. You can stop at the beaches that look good and the ruins etc. We have done this about six times now. there is only one road around the island and plenty of stuff to stop at. The tequila factory tour is on the ride around the island too. If you want to do it, we usually rent from avis. You can reserve ahead of time. I can give you some other places to stop if you are interested..

The car rental idea is best, but PLEASE get insurance. The same Tequila store has a branch right at International pier. Be sure to stop at the Humane Society Kiosk and say Hi to me. Also we should have our Cat Cafe open at the pier by end of this week, come play with the kittys.

The car rental idea is best, but PLEASE get insurance. The same Tequila store has a branch right at International pier. Be sure to stop at the Humane Society Kiosk and say Hi to me. Also we should have our Cat Cafe open at the pier by end of this week, come play with the kittys.

Cool! By the insurance, do you mean the $4 injury insurance Avis offers? It seems so cheap!

NO, the collision or whatever it is called. I would play it safe and contact Margarita at Rentadora Isis because she includes all insurance with I think a $400 deductible. She is also one of the few that can be depended on to show up and help you in case of an accident.

NO, the collision or whatever it is called. I would play it safe and contact Margarita at Rentadora Isis because she includes all insurance with I think a $400 deductible. She is also one of the few that can be depended on to show up and help you in case of an accident.

is rentadora isis near puerta maya? I checked the website and it's not clear which port it's near. thanks !

Thanks for the info! How are gas prices on the island? I'd like to drive around the whole southern portion of the island, but if I have to save gas I'll drive just to the east side beaches and back into San Miguel.

Sent from Tapatalk

Thanks for the info! How are gas prices on the island? I'd like to drive around the whole southern portion of the island, but if I have to save gas I'll drive just to the east side beaches and back into San Miguel.

Sent from Tapatalk

Gas isn't bad. I think we usually use less than half a tank. Makes for a really nice day. Be sure to stop at Coconuts for the view and guacamole and chips and margaritas are really good too

Hi, could you let me know,some nice places to stop. We have been to Cozumel many times but have only seen the west side beaches and shops. I want to drive around and see the east side. What do,you think of hiring a taxi instead or renting? Another thread says renting can easily be $100 so taxing would be easier.

Thanks

We like to rent a car and drive around the island while in Cozumel. You can rent them right near the pier for about $30 for the whole day and you can explore on your own time. Its easy driving and absolutely beautiful scenery. You can stop at the beaches that look good and the ruins etc. We have done this about six times now. there is only one road around the island and plenty of stuff to stop at. The tequila factory tour is on the ride around the island too. If you want to do it, we usually rent from avis. You can reserve ahead of time. I can give you some other places to stop if you are interested..

Yes would love some ideas. How long does it take to,get over and see some of the east side.

Thanks

Yes please!

Sent from Tapatalk

Is there an Avis rental close to the port?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Patycake - we will be in Cozumel in Feb. on the Equinox and I am very intrigued by your Humane Society Kiosk. I volunteer for a cat rescue so would love to see the kitties, but I also saw somewhere that you encourage tourists to visit your facility and walk the dogs? Do you still do that and how does that work? Many thanks!

Hi, could you let me know,some nice places to stop. We have been to Cozumel many times but have only seen the west side beaches and shops. I want to drive around and see the east side. What do,you think of hiring a taxi instead or renting? Another thread says renting can easily be $100 so taxing would be easier.

Thanks

I think hiring a taxi, or private driver is an excellent idea. We have done that many times. If you hire a taxi be sure to have some idea where you want to go, and where you want to stop, since not all drivers speak English, unless you are Spanish speaking and then it wouldn't be a problem!

Be sure to do your homework about insurance, and what happens in the case of an accident, before you rent a car if you decide to go that route. Not worth the hassle to me, especially on a cruise ship day.