Miami or Fort Lauderdale?

joern

Hi

Arriving in MIA feb 9 in the afternoon and leaving on MSC Divina feb 11.

The wife and daughter wants to shop in Sawgrass Mills, so considering following choices:

1: Hotel in South Beach with taxi from airport to hotel, shuttle to Sawgrass and taxi to port

2: Hotel in South Beach, rent a car from airport and return it at the port (alternatively taxi to and from hotel and only rent the car to go to Sawgrass)

3: Rent a car in airport and return at the port and hotel near Sawgrass with free parking

Which one is the best choice?

I live in miami ,my preference would be to have a car. It's a good 45 minutes to Sawgrass from Miami Beach each way plus you have the option to go wherever. Check for closest location to drop car then take shuttle , uber or taxi to pier

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks, but the girls wants Sawgrass Mills :-) have booked Seagull hotel near ocean drive. I know parking is difficult in south beach so wondering if best choice is taxi to and from the hotel and only rent the car for the trip to Sawgrass?

Thanks, but the girls wants Sawgrass Mills :-) have booked Seagull hotel near ocean drive. I know parking is difficult in south beach so wondering if best choice is taxi to and from the hotel and only rent the car for the trip to Sawgrass?

Would you consider changing hotels on the afternoon of the 10th to a hotel near Sawgrass Mall? You can Uber to South Beach from MIA on the 9th, check-in, spend as long as possible requesting a late check-out the next day, then get a rental car for the drive to the second hotel and to the port on the 11th.

The only reason I am suggesting taking Uber to South Beach is because the cost of one day rental and parking in South Beach will exceed the cost of Uber.