Airport Strike for Xmas Cruise

HomelessBear

You maybe OK from Birmingham. The strike is by Swissport employees. On the BBC website Birmingham is not on the list of airports using Swissport.

Brian

Yes I noticed that Brian, but when I looked online it says that Birmingham airport does use Swissport staff.

I'll be keeping everything crossed for everyone who is due to fly out that day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just heard the news that the baggage handlers etc will be striking for 48 hours from 23rd December - the day we are due to fly out to Azura from Birmingham. I know that lots of airports will be affected.

Now I'm really worried……..:(

Apparently the numbers of staff involved is small and does not cover all airlines.

Looks like The two London ones are not hit that much. Not heard about Birmingham.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

That's worrying [emoji53] I don't know what would happen on a cruise flight, but earlier this year I was stuck on my own in Atlanta for 3 days without a suitcase. Can I suggest that you think carefully about what you put in your hand luggage? When needs must you can survive with relatively little so pack a few essentials in case you get there before your baggage. Hopefully it will all be absolutely fine. I only live a few miles from the airport, not that I can help much [emoji53]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Florry

I've just checked Gatwick and Thomson use Swissport. Hopefully P&O will let us know what is happening soon as we fly out to Azura on the 23rd.

The only airline at Gatwick who use Swissport are Virgin.....this has been reported by many media outlets and also by people who work at Gatwick..I did tweet Gatwick and ask about Thomson flight and was told not affected..

I hope this potential action is called off ASAP...very worry for all of us travelling over this period

Just heard the news that the baggage handlers etc will be striking for 48 hours from 23rd December - the day we are due to fly out to Azura from Birmingham. I know that lots of airports will be affected.

Now I'm really worried……..:(

I believe that the proposed strike has been called off so hopefully all will be OK with your flight.