Jade Embarkation

orlandodolly

We are on the 26 December sailing out of Tampa. I have read several posts in reference to good and bad embarkation. Is there a good time to arrive to alleviate starting security line outside.

We are on that same cruise.

I understand we should be at the terminal two hours before the ship leaves at 4. We are flying in the night before into Tampa and plan to go over when we check out at noon from hotel.

Make sure you have all your documents done beforehand and there should be no problems for a quick embarkation.

Take care....won't be long now!

Judy

Pennsylvania

We are on that same cruise.

I understand we should be at the terminal two hours before the ship leaves at 4. We are flying in the night before into Tampa and plan to go over when we check out at noon from hotel.

Make sure you have all your documents done beforehand and there should be no problems for a quick embarkation.

Take care....won't be long now!

Judy

Pennsylvania

Yes, all guests are required to be at the pier for check in no later than 2 hours before sailing.

The real question, I think, is what are the heavy times and the lighter times to arrive to avoid standing in a long line for security clearance.

I tend to show up early when I cruise but have not used Tampa in many years. So I am interested in the answer to this question too.

We sailed on the Jade from Tampa the week after Thanksgiving. We arrived at the terminal at 11:15 and the security line was already moving. Check in was also moving rapidly at that time. General ship boarding started just before noon. We had a suite and were supposed to have priority embarkation, but 5 groups of general passengers were boarded before us. :) Didn't really matter because all of us were soon on the ship and enjoying lunch.

Have a wonderful cruise!

We were on the Jade for the 11/20 sailing last month. We arrived about 10:30. It was complete chaos. We couldn't get near the drop off area to drop our bags and after we lugged our bags to the port, there were no porters to take our bags and we had to lug all of our luggage onto the ship ourselves. I complained to the check in staff about the lack of porters and they said there were plenty, without even checking if my complaint was valid. It was the worst check in with Norwegian ever. Maybe it is better now, or if you arrive after 12.

We were on the Jade for the 11/20 sailing last month. We arrived about 10:30. It was complete chaos. We couldn't get near the drop off area to drop our bags and after we lugged our bags to the port, there were no porters to take our bags and we had to lug all of our luggage onto the ship ourselves. I complained to the check in staff about the lack of porters and they said there were plenty, without even checking if my complaint was valid. It was the worst check in with Norwegian ever. Maybe it is better now, or if you arrive after 12.

Agreed. We waited in an almost hour long line to get into the terminal. After speaking to others onboard, it seems that we could have gone in the other door and bypassed the line. So much confusion and disorganization!

We got there about 12:00 last week- plenty of porters, the line kept moving. I would not get there super early as they are not open yet. The paperwork said not before 11:30 I think.

We had a James Bond experience returning a Hertz car at the Tampa Waterside Marriott. There are no signs we could see. You go to valet, drop the car then check in in the back of the lobby. They ask if the car is at valet. The correct answer is yes :) The valet will hold your bag a second and the Blue One shuttle will take you the few blocks to the pier for around $4 or $5. They sold us a return ticket to the airport for $10 more. They pick up across from Cruise Terminal 2 in the back of the parking structure in a shuttle pickup area.

We sailed on the Nov 27th cruise. Stayed at the Marriott Waterside and left the hotel just before 11. Walked over to the terminal (15 min or so), checked in and aboard the ship by noon. Quick, easy and a very pleasant experience.

Wow- we had the complete opposite experience on November 13th. We got an email from NCL telling us to arrive at 11:30. We got there at about 11. We waited in line for maybe 5 minutes, checked in and walked right on. Best embarkation EVER