Anthem - Formal Nights Added?

cruzingduo

We still have yet to be formally notified that Dynamic dining has been elimited and that there will be formal nights on our Anthem of the Seas cruise. We booked through Royal Caribbean. Awful communication on their part. I have a feeling there are going to be many less informed passengers unaware of the dining change or addition of formal night, many of whom may unintentionally not pack formal clothes, thinking formal nights are not mandatory for dining rooms on the Anthem.

Given the lack of communication and that many may not have fomal clothes, will Royal Caribbean be flexible about not letting people into the dining rooms on formal night?

Do you think we'll be able to enter the dining room with jeans and a sports jacket?

We still have yet to be formally notified that Dynamic dining has been elimited and that there will be formal nights on our Anthem of the Seas cruise. We booked through Royal Caribbean. Awful communication on their part. I have a feeling there are going to be many less informed passengers unaware of the dining change or addition of formal night, many of whom may unintentionally not pack formal clothes, thinking formal nights are not mandatory for dining rooms on the Anthem.

Given the lack of communication and that many may not have fomal clothes, will Royal Caribbean be flexible about not letting people into the dining rooms on formal night?

Do you think we'll be able to enter the dining room with jeans and a sports jacket?

I called RCCL to ask if formal wear is mandatory on formal nights and the rep said "no". I don't like packing or dressing for formal nights and plan to wear nice resort wear on formal nights.

Don't think Royal Caribbean enforce their dress policy on any of their ships. Mixed opinions on this but I think it is a shame

I will readily admit that i wasn't planning on dressing up on formal night thinking it's a massive ship with 5000 people and I didnt want to be "that guy" when every one else was in shorts and flipflops, but i packed anyway and it was acutally a really nice experience to see fellow cruisers dressed quite formally that i skipped Windjammers that night, went back to the room and dressed formal and headed to a Wonderland.

Oh and it was a nice opportunity to get all the family pictures in!

It definitely adds alot to the atmosphere seeing a wave of people wearing suits, fine accessories that i 'm a converted believer of formal nights on giant boats.

note: I always take part in formal nights on smaller sailings regardless.

Edited by BuffetPantsPls