RCI Drinks Package on special?

debnmatt

We are cruising on the Explorer from Sydney in October 2017 and I have read somewhere that people purchase their drinks package when they see it on special.

Just wondering if this is correct and if so, how do we find out when they go on special.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Check the Cruise Planner for your reservation. When you see your beverage package on sale, buy it. Keep checking. If the price goes down cancel the one you bought and repurchase the package at the new lower price. You will see your refund from RCI for the cancelled package in a few days.

I managed to lower my Deluxe Package cost for our next cruise by more than 20% this way.

Also, keep a eye on the Roll Call for your cruise. Usually someone posts something when there is a sale that affects your cruise.

If you have any other questions, just ask.

Happy Cruise - Anticipation!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by traveler279

You do have to keep an eye out. I got a package at 30% off. Dining and excursions at a discount too. If you booked in the USA then you can book the packages and if they prices go down then you can cancel and rebook at the lower rate.

There is a forum "Australia & New Zealand Cruisers" that will probably be helpful. I did a search over there on "beverage package". From what I read there it appears that yes, you can book the package, cancel, and rebook with no problems.

You might want to pop over there and ask explicitly.

Thanks 9876. Do you know if it's only bookings made in USA that can be cancelled and rebooked. We are from Aust and have booked locally.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was able to cancel and rebook the alcohol package on a recent Legend of the Seas cruise out of Brisbane.

We are on a cruise starting 30th March, how likely is it to have a special on a drinks package between now and then ?

Or would we have missed an opportunity for better prices ??

Thanks 🍸🍸

If they are going to offer it then it should happen any time. I doubt you missed it as I have never seen it offered and then withdrawn. Last year on Allure it come out with the 20% off sale about six months prior. Our October 2017 Oasis already shows the 20% off sale.

Each cruise seems to be running their own thing. I have two cruises booked on the Grandeur. In February, its offering me 20% off at 44/day. While in July, its offering me the same 20% off, but at 46/day.

I suspect when you cruise, what region, and even what ship, will dictate what your "sale" is.

Each cruise seems to be running their own thing. I have two cruises booked on the Grandeur. In February, its offering me 20% off at 44/day. While in July, its offering me the same 20% off, but at 46/day.

I suspect when you cruise, what region, and even what ship, will dictate what your "sale" is.

I have 2 Rhapsody sailings that are 38/day

Will it say in Cruise Planner that it is on sale? I have a cruise booked on the Liberty of the Seas for Nov 2017 & it shows the Deluxe package as $46/day. How can I tell if this is the everyday cost or a sale?

$46 a day seems to be the regular price, it was on sale in October for I think $36 a day.

I have 2 Rhapsody sailings that are 38/day

I have a Rhapsody sailing in April that is advertised as 20% off and selling at $44/day.

Anyone know how hard it is to cancel a package? I'm thinking of getting a package, but haven't decided yet. Wouldn't mind locking in the sale price and cancelling later if I change my mind.

In your cruise planner there will usually be a banner across the package stating "20% OFF ON BOARD PRICE" or something like that.

However, anything around $42-$44 is pretty much the "sale" price. I would love to find it for $38 but have never seen it on any of our trips in the last three years.

The on board cost for Allure last month was $58. That's about what it was listed at when we first booked. I booked ten months out and tracked our cruise planner to see if it went down.

About eight months out it went on sale at 20% off for $42. That was when they still had the different packages. We got the Deluxe package, which was $44, at the $42 price.

Our October 2017, which I booked in November has been on sale at $44 since we booked.

These prices are all without gratuity. I never consider the gratuity as I'm paying no matter what so it really doesn't factor in my calculation.

I have a Rhapsody sailing in April that is advertised as 20% off and selling at $44/day.

Anyone know how hard it is to cancel a package? I'm thinking of getting a package, but haven't decided yet. Wouldn't mind locking in the sale price and cancelling later if I change my mind.

Real easy. I just did it and had the credit back on my AMEX in about six days.

Cancel a package? No problem. Get into your Cruise Planner. Near the top of the page click on Order History. This takes you to a list of items you've purchased. Click on the Cancel by the item you want to umm... cancel. Then go back and select the item you want.

Never ordered a drink package before. I am from Canada so our dollar is a bit lower. So it shows 59.84 CAD Adult per day, so on top of that there is the 18%.. for the tips .. So that would be 70.61$ per day

So it technically comes out to about 52.67 USD per day with tips

So I would have to have 6 drinks or so a day to break even

Edited by trev71

Never ordered a drink package before. I am from Canada so our dollar is a bit lower. So it shows 59.84 CAD Adult per day, so on top of that there is the 18%.. for the tips .. So that would be 70.61$ per day

So it technically comes out to about 52.67 USD per day with tips

So I would have to have 6 drinks or so a day to break even

All depends on what you drink. If it mainly beers yes you will need at least 6 to "break even". However if you drink more frozen drinks, martini types, etc you can get there with about 4 as those are closer to $12. Also dont firget to add in bottled water, soda and coffees if you drink those.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Cancel a package? No problem. Get into your Cruise Planner. Near the top of the page click on Order History. This takes you to a list of items you've purchased. Click on the Cancel by the item you want to umm... cancel. Then go back and select the item you want.

Thanks! Good to know it's that simple.

If not on sale now, I would be especially vigilant in checking on Boxing day. There might be a sale then. Maybe New-Years as well.

dp

Well no Boxing Day sale here for drinks packages !!!

In actual fact they rose in cost to $69 Aud about a week ago !!! :D

Will keep checking but won't hold my breath !!!