Carnival thoughts in the snow

41 days to go!!!

Current temp is 16 and that is 8 degrees warmer than when I got up.

Right now it is snowing. 3-6 expected.

Not bad, but freezing rain is headed this way with ice accumulation expected. Up to 1/4 inch.

Not much you say? Tell that to power lines and roadways!

Fortunately a steady rain is expected for tomorrow with temps in the mid 40's. YIPPEE!

Wait. What? Below 0 temps expected tomorrow night? Ice accumulation, power outages predicted, hazardous driving conditions, and Carnival won't weigh my luggage!!!!!

The injustice of it...think I will email John and ask for something for free....or move. :p

41 days.........41 days.........41 days..............................................

I feel so bad for you all. I live near Nashville, Tennessee. We'll hit 70 degrees this afternoon with gusty winds around 30 mph. We are under a tornado watch until 9PM and a winter weather advisory until morning due to expected ice accumulations, and Sunday night it is supposed to drop to 17 degrees.

How the heck do you go from 70 to 17 degrees in one day?? Who said global warming won't wreak havoc on the weather? Lol.

It's a crazy weather weekend. We all deserve a tropical cruise to paradise. :-)

Edited by winddawn

You are making me feel bad. I sitting at home complaining that it's cold because our high today was 59. Living in San Diego makes you intolerant of any weather that drops below 65 and above 85.

We leave in 70 days on the Pride and I'm really looking forward to warm water in the Caribbean.

As I read about some of the URGENT problems some cruisers have (really--Carnival is at fault for not providing luggage scales!), a light snow fell here in Connecticut----while clearing the driveway I couldn't help but daydream.

31666722806_94cc561657_z.jpg

Ha ha great picture.

We have had over 3 feet of snow in the past couple days -- it was a bit chilly today as the temps went down to the single digits and will go much lower tonight.

Do I wish I was on a cruise or in a state that doesn't have snow -- absolutely not. Wouldn't catch me anywhere but here in the mountains of Colorado loving the snow -- skiing hard every day.

For me, a cruise is something to do in mud season, not when there is so much awesome powder on the slopes. Nothing beats the serenity of being alone at the top of a mountain looking at a crystal blue sky and breathing fresh air.

Just sharing a different perspective -- one where snow is a positive -- loving where I made the choice to live -- and crossing my fingers that the snow continues to come down.

I feel so bad for you all. I live near Nashville, Tennessee. We'll hit 70 degrees this afternoon with gusty winds around 30 mph. We are under a tornado watch until 9PM and a winter weather advisory until morning due to expected ice accumulations, and Sunday night it is supposed to drop to 17 degrees.

How the heck do you go from 70 to 17 degrees in one day?? Who said global warming won't wreak havoc on the weather? Lol.

It's a crazy weather weekend. We all deserve a tropical cruise to paradise. :-)

I live about 2 hours south of Nashville, woke up sweating because it was so hot at 2 this morning so turned all the heat off, then as I look out the window at 8 there is snow on the ground and I am freezing!!! Lovely Tennesee weather!!:rolleyes:

As I read about some of the URGENT problems some cruisers have (really--Carnival is at fault for not providing luggage scales!), a light snow fell here in Connecticut----while clearing the driveway I couldn't help but daydream.

Could not agree more. 124 days cannot come quick enough for me!!

I live about 2 hours south of Nashville, woke up sweating because it was so hot at 2 this morning so turned all the heat off, then as I look out the window at 8 there is snow on the ground and I am freezing!!! Lovely Tennesee weather!!:rolleyes:

Don't you love it. We're in Kentucky and had the same thing, nice warm weather and then a few hours later an ice storm. Counting the days until I can escape for a few weeks.

That is so weird, but today as I was washing my car and mowing the lawn and I was also thinking of cruising. Since its 84 degrees out, I guess I will go to the pool and swim some laps.

Edited by CruiseHealing

Don't you love it. We're in Kentucky and had the same thing, nice warm weather and then a few hours later an ice storm. Counting the days until I can escape for a few weeks.

Central KY here. I live about 15 minutes from Lexington and had ice this morning. Yuck! Made all the worse by warm temps yesterday topped with having been on the Dream 2 weeks ago. I doubt I will ever take another November/December vacation. It is hard on the body to go from that wonderful warm sunshine back to this mess. But looking forward to April on the Magic for 7 days!