Viking Heart of Germany

alexkrn46

We are leaving today for our " Heart of Germany" river cruise on the Viking Var.

This will be our third Viking Cruise, we have done the Rhine and Danube both during New Years. We will be joined by our two adult children, since we are doing a two day pre cruise stay in Cologne.

Our rooms are a french balcony and Veranda Suite. We are also doing a post extension in Prague.

Pre cruise service from Viking has been great, we all choose different gifts from returning Viking Catalog. Let me know if you have any questions.

Looking forward to hearing about your adventure and hoping you will "take & post" pictures around the boat and staterooms. So many CC would like to see the actual boat as opposed to the PR photos that grace the official Websites of the major players.

I only walked thru a few Viking boats and what I saw was lovely but I didn't think to take pictures! I did see several cabins while rafting and that is was fun to share coffee & rolls one morning and Wine a couple times with the passengers in the boat 6inches from our cabin window ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Good point, I usually do not post pictures but I believe If I use the tap a talk and iPad I should be able to post and I will post the cabins.

My husband will be periscoping his name is Charlie and his handle Is hckmba.

Take pictures of the inside of the ship, all over and Christmas decor. We want to actually see the ship in addition to the cabins. Just when you are out and about the boat snap some pictures of various spaces!

Have a fabulous time and safe journey!

I wanted to go on the Heart of Germany cruise but no rooms were left and it does not look like it will be offered next year. This tour seems to give an alternative to the Rhine and Danube (which we did already) and was a good value. Enjoy

I wanted to go on the Heart of Germany cruise but no rooms were left and it does not look like it will be offered next year. This tour seems to give an alternative to the Rhine and Danube (which we did already) and was a good value. Enjoy

Did you call Viking or your travel agent? According to the Viking web site our cruise was filled, but there were several empty rooms on the boat. One couple we met had booked two weeks before the cruise started.

We had an uneventful flight over, two nights in Cologne the XMAS festival was magical. Today we had a 2 plus hour bus ride to Frankfurt. We had a wonderful dinner.

Tomorrow we are going to Heidelberg. For the first time they are offering room service for breakfast.

I will try to post pictures tomorrow, the one bad thing the internet is not great.

This year on Viking we were offered room service for breakfast. This option was only extended to the third floor, other floors have to pay a $25 surcharge. We love having breakfast in our room in the am this is a great addition to us. So far it has been a wonderful cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were told VRC decreased the amount of cruises especially the heart of Germany due to the lack of demand. River cruises have been hit hard by the violence in Europe.

This year on Viking we were offered room service for breakfast. This option was only extended to the third floor, other floors have to pay a $25 surcharge. We love having breakfast in our room in the am this is a great addition to us. So far it has been a wonderful cruise.

$25 per breakfast????? [emoji44]