I Miss Captain Albert Already!

mame42

My post evening mile glass of wine and cruise fix isn't the same without him.

Captain Albert is a Holland America Line treasure in my opinion.

His HAL historical knowledge and his willingness to share his nautical insights with all of us landlubbers ought to be well understood and appreciated by us in the Office of President Orlando Ashford. I have learned from his postings. Who has not? Feeling secure and safe on any cruise ship, his descriptions and illustrations of the drills that Captain Albert has conducted on the vessels on which he has sailed make me feel even more safe!

Same here.

A few weeks ago, I was thrilled to find out he was aboard the Oosterdam, as I will be joining that ship in 3 weeks. But it's a shame he left already, I was really looking forward to be on the same ship as him.

I know very few things about ships and the procedures (I'm into aircrafts), but I've learned a lot from just reading his blogs.

I agree with rkacruiser, it gives you a lot more peace of mind knowing what's going on behind the scenes.

Edited by headhunterke

Same here.

A few weeks ago, I was thrilled to find out he was aboard the Oosterdam, as I will be joining that ship in 3 weeks. But it's a shame he left already, I was really looking forward to be on the same ship as him.

I know very few things about ships and the procedures (I'm into aircrafts), but I've learned a lot from just reading his blogs.

I agree with rkacruiser, it gives you a lot more peace of mind knowing what's going on behind the scenes.

He was on the Oosterdam the past three weeks.

He gave a presentation in the showroom about the history of HAL