Cove Balcony review

cmp03

We upgraded to a guaranteed balcony from a deluxe oceanview about two months before our cruise for a very cheap price. I have previously cruises with inside, oceanview and 'normal' balconies on Disney and Carnival.

We were assigned the first cove balcony on front starboard side on Carnival Magic (room 2273).

The only con is the first night and sea day our balcony was unusable because of the seas. It must have been higher waves. They wouldn't crash over onto balcony but the balcony was wet and you would get constant misting if you were out there.

We had 4 days in ports and then the last seas day was calm so we were able to enjoy the balcony the rest of the days.

Not sure if all the cove balconies were like this or just the front few.

It was also loud the first day with the waves crashing but that did not bother me at all. Might bother someone who is really sensitive when sleeping.

Here is view from last sea day. Can't beat it!!

bc9b3fd62506ff56f94d390a41f3c6e4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were in a Cove Balcony on Magic this past October.

We loved the seclusion the cove offers. However, we too were not able to relax on the balcony the first couple of days due to everything constantly being wet out there. We did go out and stand at the rail for a few minutes here and there, so it wasn't a total loss.

But, we did use the balcony a lot later in the cruise.

I have no qualms getting another Cove Balcony on the next cruise.

I should note that I would have no issues booking one again. I actually enjoyed the shaded balcony instead of having sun hit me and we saw some beautiful stingrays while sitting out there leaving St Thomas. It was really cool.

I really don't have any 'musts' for what room I am in so I could care less if it's inside, oceanview or balcony (except for on Carnival, with 3 people, the inside rooms don't have the couch so I won't book them because I hate the bunk bed being down - on Disney you have a couch so Inside room doesn't bother me). I tend to book cheapest room initially then sometimes upgrade if I see a good special or the 'upgrade fairy' calls with a price that is worth it. I paid full price for balcony once on Disney once and just don't get the appeal.

We upgraded to a guaranteed balcony from a deluxe oceanview about two months before our cruise for a very cheap price. I have previously cruises with inside, oceanview and 'normal' balconies on Disney and Carnival.

We were assigned the first cove balcony on front starboard side on Carnival Magic (room 2273).

The only con is the first night and sea day our balcony was unusable because of the seas. It must have been higher waves. They wouldn't crash over onto balcony but the balcony was wet and you would get constant misting if you were out there.

We had 4 days in ports and then the last seas day was calm so we were able to enjoy the balcony the rest of the days.

Not sure if all the cove balconies were like this or just the front few.

It was also loud the first day with the waves crashing but that did not bother me at all. Might bother someone who is really sensitive when sleeping.

Here is view from last sea day. Can't beat it!!

bc9b3fd62506ff56f94d390a41f3c6e4.jpg

My parents had a similar experience, at least you didn't have a noisy vent above and the crew wasn't chipping paint off the ship that fell into the balcony! Still has to be cool to be that close to the water!

We had a cove balcony on the Breeze, #2268, which is below the Excursions Desk, almost in the middle of the ship. We had no problems with sea spray on the balcony. The only time the balcony got wet was when the crew washed down the ship. We were given advanced notice of this, and made it a point not to leave anything, such as sandals or tennis shoes, on the balcony. The only noise we experienced was from our noisy neighbors that occasionally yelled at their kids. We loved having a cove balcony, and have one booked for our upcoming Vista cruise. You can't beat it for privacy, and it's a great place to watch for sea life, such as dolphins and flying fish. ;)

We had a cove this summer on the Breeze. It was almost to the back of the ship so no mist or spray. We were in the area between the lifeboats so we didn't have a boat in front of us either . Th e only thing that happened was about the third day we heard a lot of noise in the early morn . It sounded like bowling balls rolling so I guess it was carts rolling. I guess we were right under the galley. I loved watching the flying fish and we went thru a depression storm so the waves were really something to see from the back. I loved being so close to the water. Yes I would get one again but not under the galley.

Was on the same sailing same cabin midship on starboard side. Same issue with balcony being wet from spray. The next 5 days more than made up for the first. Was so nice being shaded and the views are incredible! Only complaint is that it's a bit more involved getting a lido snack than our normal lido balcony. Will do a cove in a heartbeat again if given the opportunity.

I book a cove balcony on Vista. I know its at the lowest level.

Hearing the wave crashing is like a big thunderstorm. Along with the rocking boat, I think I will sleep berry berry good.

I live in Florida... I have no problem sleeping in a thunderstorm. We were In a forward, deck 2 Ocean view on a recent cruise. (booked through a group and it was the only cabin type) available. The seas got moderately rough, really not too bad. At night it sounded and felt like a small bomb going off every time a wave hit the hull. The noise and resulting vibrations (think full oil drum rolling into the hull and the resulting reverberation) made it impossible for me to sleep. Carnival was fantastic and even on a full ship, found us another cabin, even less to my liking, but quieter and I was able to sleep.

We have been in forward cabins in seas that just about roll you out of bed, but have never experienced the unsetteling, teeth rattling vibrations that were caused by small waves on this ship. Lesson... never book forward on Carnival again.

End result, cruise not ruined, good time had by all.. and I was really pleased by the Carnival response. They were superstars!