Alamo car drop of with Oasis PC departure

kevinyork

We are hiring a car from Orlando airport to drive to our hotel the night before our Feb 17 trip. The new Alamo building on Merritt Rd looks pretty close to the Royal Caribbean terminal. Should we drive to the terminal and drop the luggage before dropping the car at Alamo? If so how early with there be someone to take the luggage at the terminal.

Second question, could we walk with our carry on luggage from Alamo to the Royal terminal rather than wait for a shuttle?

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

you CAN do any of your options

if I was gonna drop luggage first, I'd drop everything and everyone else - they can watch the carry on, and walk back empty handed. It should take about 10 minutes to walk it

but I'd say there is a 50% probability while you are walking the shuttle will pass you!

I just did this in August- rented a car at MCO from Alamo and returned it at port canaveral at the Mullet rd building. Dropped bags off at the port around 10 or so and drove to the rental car place to drop off the car. It was an absolute zoo there with the line out the back of the building for the shuttle. This was a Saturday and there were 3, maybe 4 ships in port. I will never do this again! I can't imagine the reverse process of trying to get a rental at this location. The physical building is just too small to serve the need of the many cruisers. The shuttle frequency was not good, either. Luckily, we were able to squeeze in a packed shuttle and stand for the ride over bc we had already dropped our luggage off. We were all drenched in sweat as the A/C was weak and there were so many bodies packed in the shuttle.

You could probably walk to the port, but I think you may have to go over a bridge and I don't know if there are sidewalks. Someone who is more familiar with the area can chime in if this is a good idea. We had our 5y/o with us, so walking was not an option.

OASIS uses terminal 1 so no bridge involved (the bridge IS an issue for NCL, Disney and Carn' terminals)

OASIS is on Sunday which is a MUCH smaller passenger load day .... Saturday is a 4 (or more) ship day right now .... a total ZOO

Thanks Capt_BJ for your information about the bridge. We were on Carnival on that particular sailing so we went over the bridge. Can you tell me if there are major issues self parking in the port garage? Thinking of driving my own car down next summer and just wondering. Thanks!