Carnival Emailed Info About Road Closure

5 in OK

Hoping to get an update on our Jaguar Ziplining and Cave Tubing excursion through Carnival. About 2 weeks ago we received an email stating the road to this excursion was closed. I tried to look it up but cannot find the names of any roads or closures through the Internet.

Does anyone happen to have an update? Carnival said we would find out more once we boarded next week and if the road was still impassable they would find a"comparable" excursion.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

Most cave tubing/zip line excursions use the Western Highway out of Belize City. It's generally in reasonable condition. There may be some road construction or possibly a portion was washed out.

If so, it's affecting everyone heading to the cave tubing/ zip line area. You might reach out to a private vendor like cavetubing. bz or cave-tubing-r-us (or others mentione don these boards with good reviews) and see if they are cancelling their excursions.

Definitely keep this thread updated please. We were looking at that excursion as well, went to book it tonight for our cruise in September and it's no longer on Carnival's website. I was actually searching this part of CC to see if I could find out some information on it, and found this thread. Really interested to see if they are going to bring it back since we wanna book it.

Definitely keep this thread updated please. We were looking at that excursion as well, went to book it tonight for our cruise in September and it's no longer on Carnival's website. I was actually searching this part of CC to see if I could find out some information on it, and found this thread. Really interested to see if they are going to bring it back since we wanna book it.

There are several private vendors who also offer this excursion. Vitalano, as previously mentioned. cave-tubing-r-us (David). Reggies Tours, et.al. Nacho and Cynthia at NCQ Adventures can also arrange this if they aren't booked elsewhere. All of these folks have great reps and are very aware of ship departures. Also smaller group so you'll have a better experience than being herded around like cats or cattle.

Carnival sometimes holds off on offering excursions until closer to sailing date. So keep an eye out there. They are also known to not show things on the website but offer them once on board. hit the Shore Excursion desk early on boarding if that's how you want to go.