**Carnival Vista out of MIA** Check in**

Dalton51

Based on the several other threads and posts, and my own experience on Splendor, yes, they are holding to it.

If they weren't, they'd probably have already removed the selection from your check-in process.

They aren't going to do it for one ship in Miami and not the others.

So, don't show up earlier than your time slot unless you want to stand outside in the heat or, as was the case on 10/30, the rain!

Thanks.

I have read it both ways and was hoping that someone thats been on it out of MIA would chime in. I have also just went whenever we was ready didn't even know I had a time. I have been on 8 cruises with Carnival and never had to wait.

So I was just wondering I am like you I don't want to wait outside. lol

Hopefully someone will chime in.

Thanks.

I have read it both ways and was hoping that someone thats been on it out of MIA would chime in. I have also just went whenever we was ready didn't even know I had a time. I have been on 8 cruises with Carnival and never had to wait.

was this recent?: its a recent change. also consider that Vista just moved there not long ago.

This is something that has been enforeced

No. It's there on the left and it's available as soon as you put your deposit down. Are you going March of 2017?

Yes, Mar 2017. Put deposit down in Mar 2015 and paid in full 2 weeks ago. Haven't completed the online docs yet though. Also don't see it on the left. Will have to keep looking.

Edit to add: On the left of which page...."My Cruise Manager" page of the "My Cruise Details" page? Just looked again and don't see anything for boarding times.

Edited by Computer Nerd

Yes, Mar 2017. Put deposit down in Mar 2015 and paid in full 2 weeks ago. Haven't completed the online docs yet though. Also don't see it on the left. Will have to keep looking.

Edit to add: On the left of which page...."My Cruise Manager" page of the "My Cruise Details" page? Just looked again and don't see anything for boarding times.

It will show under your "My cruise details". Look under your Dining Time and above your Sail Date. It says Check In Time.

If it's not there then you will need to go to the next step. The actual link to select a different time if one hasn't been assigned yet is under the online check in. It's under the Guest's name and above Stateroom preferences bedding options. Maybe this pic will help.

Are you going the same week I am?!

c2154c4114cc71a456f2ba4373e7c937.jpg

Edited by firemanbobswife

It will show under your "My cruise details". Look under your Dining Time and above your Sail Date. It says Check In Time.

If it's not there then you will need to go to the next step. The actual link to select a different time if one hasn't been assigned yet is under the online check in. It's under the Guest's name and above Stateroom preferences bedding options. Maybe this pic will help.

Are you going the same week I am?!

I found I needed to go one step further and click on Online Check-in to see that screen. That's why I never found it as I haven't done check-in yet. Duh. :D

Sucks, I was hoping to get a 1000 time as I am traveling with Platinum friends. Got the 1130-1200 time slot as it was the earliest available.

I don't know. Are you doing an 8 night to Aruba?

Edited by Computer Nerd

Thanks.

Returned on Friday from Miami on Vista. Yes, They are holding you to your check in time. However, unless you have a suite, are diamond or platinum, disabled or FTTF, most of my group waited over two hours to get on board.

I found I needed to go one step further and click on Online Check-in to see that screen. That's why I never found it as I haven't done check-in yet. Duh. :D

Sucks, I was hoping to get a 1000 time as I am traveling with Platinum friends. Got the 1130-1200 time slot as it was the earliest available.

its only a half hour. Times start at 11:00 not 10

The earliest time on Vista is 11AM so that's not too bad. No, I'm doing the 6 night on the 19th. Maybe you should do a B2B :D !

Glad you were able to figure it out.

Returned on Friday from Miami on Vista. Yes, They are holding you to your check in time. However, unless you have a suite, are diamond or platinum, disabled or FTTF, most of my group waited over two hours to get on board.

That is crazy, this staggered check in is obviously not working. 2 hour wait, if you come at your designated time you should not have to wait 2 hours outside that is ridiculous. What time was your checkin time?

The earliest time on Vista is 11AM so that's not too bad. No, I'm doing the 6 night on the 19th. Maybe you should do a B2B :D !

Glad you were able to figure it out.

Make sure you keep the ship clean for me. I'll be coming on when you're getting off. Wouldn't mind a B2B but that would interfere with my Oasis cruise.

How the hell am I going to lose the 10 pounds gained from the Oasis before I get on the Vista 6 days later?? :eek: :D

Edited by Computer Nerd

Make sure you keep the ship clean for me. I'll be coming on when you're getting off. Wouldn't mind a B2B but that would interfere with my Oasis cruise.

How the hell am I going to lose the 10 pounds gained from the Oasis before I get on the Vista 6 days later?? :eek: :D

That's a good question! I'll do what I can to keep her in Ship shape for you :). I'll be in a Havana Aft Balcony so I'm pretty excited. I usually don't splurge on my cruises, but there are a bunch of us going and I have a cabin mate this time. We had an OV booked, then a few weeks ago, this one popped up and we couldn't resist. I am looking forward to relaxing in the Havana area during the day.

what time was your check in that you waited 2 hours? was that 2 hours AFTER your time? or two hours before your time