taxi or shuttle? hotel to Port Canaveral....

cjnix29

Reading reports of back ups, etc., wondered if instead of taking the alamo shuttle to the port if we should just take a taxi from the hotel instead? DH does not like to mess with a mess, and if I can avoid it, I have to hear less complaining!! We are staying at the Hampton Inn in Cocoa Beach. What would be the least amount of hassle?!

if there is a traffic issue ... and these are rare here in Canaveral .... both the shuttle and a taxi are gonna be stuck on the same road. Traffic issues are fairly new and a direct result of more and larger ships being served. If you are boarding on a Saturday ... this currently is ..... crowded .....

My BEST suggestion - which always is dismissed or draws negative comments - DO NOT TRY TO BE FIRST. If you try to get to the port in time to be first on board you are swimming against the current of the people still trying to leave. When you do get in, there is a stack of folks who also got there b4 they started checking in or boarding folks.

If you want low stress .... WAIT ..... If you get to the terminal around 1130 or 12 odds are it will be empty and you will BREEZE thru. Wait 'til 1pm or 1:30 and virtually a guarantee

I recently dropped dd and a friend off for a cruise from PC. At 1130 we went to lunch at GRILLS. After lunch I took them to terminal 1 (right next door). I got a text that they were on board, drinks in hand in less than 30 minutes ..... no one in line .... bing bang boom.

Why do I get negative comments you ask? "I paid for lunch on the ship, why buy outside" "I paid for this cruise and I want every minute I paid for" "I paid to be first on"

btw ...... you can expect much of the same when it is time to get off the ship ..... when 50% of the passengers join the "carry your own to be off first" club .....

don't bother telling me why I'm wrong ..... I've seen 'em all .......

Edited by Capt_BJ