Question about NCL Sky

bride928

Is Norwegian Sky a nice ship? Thinking of booking a last minute three day cruise to escape this Michigan winter. I've only cruised on the mega ships so far.

Will I be disappointed on Sky? I know she is an older ship. Has it been upgraded in drydock? I have a 6 yr old as well. Will he enjoy it?

All tips are helpful. Thanks in advance.

I liked the Sky just fine for a short cruise. There's not a lot in the way of bells and whistles, though.... two pools on the main pool deck area. I didn't have kids with me, so only peeked at the children's pool in passing, but it actually looked nicer than the main pools. Sky suited me fine for a nice, relaxing cruise. If you're looking for a go-go-go cruise full of different activities, it might not be the best choice.

Is Norwegian Sky a nice ship?

I've only cruised on the mega ships so far.

Will I be disappointed on Sky? I have a 6 yr old as well. Will he enjoy it?

The Sky is in fine shape and makes for a fun short 3/4 night cruise if you are going with people you love and laugh with. We've been on it 4 or 5 times since '09.

If you are booking this and expecting the Sky to deliver the same or similar experiences and dining/entertainment choices and Wow Factor of an RCCL Oasis class ship or an NCL Away Class mega ship you will be disappointed.

The wife and I have been on the Sky twice. We did a June trip and a Spring Break trip with our sons. We enjoyed both the June trip was less crowded but we were able to do everything we wanted on the spring break cruse also. There are quiet nooks to get away from crowds and enjoy a talk, or join the fun poolside or at games. It is small enugh to get to know some staff and they were all great. It was clean and well stocked and altho older it was in good repair.

Is Norwegian Sky a nice ship? Thinking of booking a last minute three day cruise to escape this Michigan winter. I've only cruised on the mega ships so far. Will I be disappointed on Sky? I know she is an older ship. Has it been upgraded in drydock? I have a 6 yr old as well. Will he enjoy it? All tips are helpful. Thanks in advance.

Any day at sea is a good day. The sky is fine for a weekend cruise. We try and do the 3 day sky a couple of times a year. We can take Friday off, GO ON A CRUISE and be back at work by lunch on Monday.

Enjoy!

We really liked the sky. We have 3 girls, 7,9,11. They had fun at night with bingo and deal or no deal, but a bit bored during the day at the pool as there are no waterslides or any activities for kids to do. I don't think I got to relax once by the pool as I constantly had a kid coming up bugging me because they were bored. Boats nice though. We always get a suite.