Fantasia Prices on board

jodieh12

Going on Fantasia 18 March and looking at my booking I can pre pay certain items but I just want to check the cost of these if I choose them onboard. I'm an NCL girl so MSC prices are very reasonable when compared to NCL so I just want to check if it's a special offer type thing to book ahead. Anyway the things I'm looking at are:

Tex Mex adult £11

MSC FANTASIA/SPLENDIDA SPECIALTY DINING

The best culinary experience at sea at the value price! The package includes FOUR unique experiences: one lunch or dinner in Tex Mex with typical Mexican menu, one lunch or dinner in dedicated Steak house area with typical steakhouse menu, one experience in American Sports Bar and one complimentary Pizza Delivery. £30

Streamer cruise plus internet £49.00

BACK HOME CLEAN, ALL 20 - 25 £20

Thanks muchly

Liverpool Jo

The best culinary experience at sea at the value price! The package includes FOUR unique experiences: one lunch or dinner in Tex Mex with typical Mexican menu, one lunch or dinner in dedicated Steak house area with typical steakhouse menu, one experience in American Sports Bar and one complimentary Pizza Delivery. £30

We bought the above package. The Tex Mex is an excellent restaurant; we loved it. It is also the steak house. If you buy this package then suggest you use it twice for dinner, once for Mexican menu and once for steak house menu. The Pizza delivery appeared (?) to be available only between 20:00 and 24:00. Since we were at dinner then we never used this service. However, the pizza in the buffet is completely amazing and the best we have ever had on any cruise ship (24 cruises completed); indeed, the best pizza ever not on a cruise ship!!! We figured better to just get it when we wanted (which was every lunch time) rather than order it for dinner. We never used the experience in the sports bar; all looked a bit too "fried"; and we were enjoying everything else. On balance, we figured that our two dinner experiences in the Tex-Mex (for Mexican and steak) were excellent value for £30. (the margaritas are amazing tooooo)

Going on Fantasia 18 March and looking at my booking I can pre pay certain items but I just want to check the cost of these if I choose them onboard. I'm an NCL girl so MSC prices are very reasonable when compared to NCL so I just want to check if it's a special offer type thing to book ahead. Anyway the things I'm looking at are:

Tex Mex adult £11

Streamer cruise plus internet £49.00

BACK HOME CLEAN, ALL 20 - 25€ £20

Thanks muchly

Liverpool Jo

Stephen waited until on board for his internet package. There were some special offers on board which worked out cheaper than if he had pre-purchased.

We did not use the speciality restaurant but were talking to some who went to Tex Mex and they were not that impressed - long wait for food to arrive (45 mins)and when it did orders were wrong. Food not that special and the couple said it was not value for money and they were asking for a refund! Whether this was just bad luck I do not know but personally cannot see any point in paying supplements for speciality restaurants but this is just a personal viewpoint.

Suzanne

Edited by suron

Suzanne looking forward to Hearing all about it! Did you get the F1, bowling package thing? Xx

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do not know if this is worth the money. Restrictions as to when you can use it - a lot of the time the place was shut and you then had to go to reception and get someone to open up for you. Alright if you were on board or not enjoying some other activity when the place was actually open and although the boys enjoyed the F1 simulator it was nothing to rave about. The 4D cinema was OK they thought and we never did find bowling! Suggest it might pay you to take a cheap set of table tennis bats and balls (be sure to name them) as these are a nightmare to get from a staff member and there is a charge!

Will write my review when I get back to the UK

Suzanne

P.S. If you have not booked the Jeep Safari on Sir Bani Yas then do so asap as it is very popular and places are limited.

The Sports Bar is not complimentary on the MSC Fantasia.

I just returned from a cruise.

steamboats

Do you remember what sort of food/prices?

Did you enjoy the cruise? What are the must see/dos?

Thanks

Jo

Jo,

I don´t think I took photos of the menu of the Sports Bar. I remember I took a photo of an advertisement. I have to look it up.

I haven´t sorted my photos yet. I did take photos of the El Sombrero menu and we had the Black Dinner there (only 5 items to chose, quesadillas, burrito, chili, steak, mango cream - food was mediocre).

Food in the MDR (we´ve been in the Red Velvet Dining Room) was really great. But stay away from the buffet (Zanzibar). After two days we only ate in the MDR (breakfast, lunch, dinner).

We did the Abu Dhabi, Sir Bani Yas, Katar, Bahrain, Dubai itinerary.

As for Sir Bani Yas I can recommend the Jeep Safari. Don´t book any water related tours (snorkeling, kayaking... nothing to see at all). In Abu Dhabi we booked the City Tour in the afternoon including the mosque - definitely something not to miss! In Dubai we did the Dune Safari - very nice - and Burj Khalifa by night (disaster...). On the second day we had a private private tour (which can´t be booked anywhere).

In Doha we used the free shuttle and went to the Souk Waqif. In Bahrain we also booked a tour with MSC (A Day in Bahrain - mosque, royal camel farm, Manama souk). This tour was nice too.

steamboats

Oh no what happened with the burj by night? The other stuff sounds fun.

In Doha did the free shuttle just go to souk waqif or did it go other places too?

I think we may just do a tour in Bahrain, I think we can do the others independently

Thanks for the info

Jo

Hi Jo,

Found the photo of the Sports Bar advertisement:

Sampler Plate 8 Euro

Buffalo Chicken Wings 5 Euro

MAS Crispy Bacon Burger 4.50 Euro

Burj: The tour description on the German website said "arrival time: 7:30 pm" - most of us thought this is the arrival time back at the ship (you could have understood this also as arrival time at the Burj). The night before we finally received our Daily saying that meeting onboard is 8:15 pm! For a 4 hour excursion (sunset 5:40 pm that day). We were not allowed to cancel. The bus finally left at 9 pm, arrival at Dubai Mall 9:34 pm. We received our tickets (which BTW said 9 pm) and further instructions (meeting time for the return trip 11:45 pm, fountain show every 30 min). We stood in line for the elevators for more than an hour. Arrived at the top by 10:40 pm, hurried and left minutes past 11 pm to catch the elevator down for the 11:30 pm show (as we had to meet at 11:45 pm). Made it in time just to be told that today the last show was at 11 pm because of the fireworks the next day! So we did not see the fountain show which was advertised in the tour description nor did we have any free time for shopping (which was also advertised in the tour description). There were at least two families with toddlers on this tour and one of the moms told me that she would have never booked this tour if she had known about this schedule. She also thought she´d be back onboard by 7:30 pm. Her DH left with her sleeping DD by 11 pm and paid a cab back to the ship. Yes, we did complain and yes, we did get compensation.

Doha: You can´t leave the cruise terminal without a tour or without using the free shuttle. No taxis. No walking (it´s too far to walk anyway). The free shuttle does go to the City Mall of Doha. We talked to the dispatcher that we were told the shuttle will have a stop at the Souk on the way back. After a couple of minutes he advised the driver to drop us there. On the way back we should grab a taxi back to the City Mall and then take the shuttle (taxis are not allowed to go into port). We left the Souk and another MSC tour guide wanted to call and ask about the shuttle when suddenly a shuttle arrived. I never found out whether the Souk is a regular stop or not. The Daily said the shuttle will go to the harbor entrance (where it never stopped).

The "A Day in Bahrain" Tour was pretty nice although the Manama Souk is not as impressive as the one in Doha.

steamboats

BTW I´m working on my review which will be in German (Google translate usually works pretty well although sometimes has some funny translations). But even without reading the text you will get an impression as there will be lots of photos.

steamboats

Yep, the burrito was huge but delicious? It was a tortilla filled with beef and chicken. The burrito was topped with salad, sour cream and cheddar cheese. There was some red tomato sauce on the side. I´m still looking for the bean sauce which was mentioned in the description.

On the regular menu the burrito was 4 or 5 Euro (checked it last night but forgot it already).

I´m not used to good Tex Mex food (like many Americans are). But I know other Mexican restaurants on other cruise ships (like Sabor on RCI). And compared to those the food was mediocre. The restaurant was more or less empty when we ate there and I saw the reservation sheets. Maybe 10 tables per day. And the restaurant is much bigger than that. When we had the Black Dinner there only 2 tables were occupied.

steamboats

BTW I´m working on my review which will be in German (Google translate usually works pretty well although sometimes has some funny translations). But even without reading the text you will get an impression as there will be lots of photos.

steamboats

Ooh really looking forward to that xx

Jo,

Here are some prices for El Sombrero (all in Euro)

steaks 14 (lamb chops) up to 22 (Tenderloin, 250g)

tacos, nachos, quesadillas, burrito tex-mex, tostadas, ensalada tijuane especial 5

plato de degustaction, fajits chisporroteantes, bandera de carne mixta, chili con carne 8

crema de mango, flan de naranja, tarta de queso con arandanos 4

kids menu 5 (0 to 12 years)

Cocktails range between 5.30 and 6.95 Euro.

steamboats

Jo,

Here are some prices for El Sombrero (all in Euro)

steaks 14 (lamb chops) up to 22 (Tenderloin, 250g)

tacos, nachos, quesadillas, burrito tex-mex, tostadas, ensalada tijuane especial 5

plato de degustaction, fajits chisporroteantes, bandera de carne mixta, chili con carne 8

crema de mango, flan de naranja, tarta de queso con arandanos 4

kids menu 5 (0 to 12 years)

Cocktails range between 5.30 and 6.95 Euro.

steamboats

Ah that's great, thanks for all the information, looking forward to your review xx