Magical time on the Carnival Magic Dec 10th-17th 2016

BenjiRodney

Just back from 2 days at Disney World and 7 days on the Carnival Magic from Port Canaveral to Amber Cove, St. Thomas, San Juan and Grand Turk.

This would be my 15th Carnival Cruise and 18th overall cruise.

Flew down 2 days early to do Disney and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. We used Disney's Magical Express from MCO to the Disney Resort quick and easy, and it's free of charge if you are staying on site at a Disney Property.

Also got the text of my room number while on the shuttle over to Disney so I did not have to go to front desk to check in, your Magic Bands are also your rooms keys.

Shuttle to Port Canaveral we used Port Canaveral Connection, huge mistake. Got a text stating pickup would be 45 minutes early, okay I guess we will get to ship quicker? We were picked up, taken to a Denny's on the other side of the airport where we were put on a larger bus and hen began to pick up people from hotels near there. Then on to the airport to finish filling up the bus. So 3 hours after pick up we arrived at Port Canaveral. Also new something was up when the driver brought two suitcases on the bus and said whose are these they are wet? Did not think anything about mine until they arrived in the room and one was soaked in Mouthwash, but lucky that it only soaked the outside and had not made it's way through to the clothes yet. American would complete the destruction of the bag on the flight home, they managed to rip the back of the bag about 12 inches.

The only other issue this week, also not under Carnival's control are how some people act so rude when waiting to get into or out of an elevator and will knock you down because she thinks her status makes her so much more special than those who have already waited for 2 full elevators to pass.

Pictures are uploading now into Photobucket and I will be happy to try to answer any questions that you may have. Hope you enjoy.

Disney's Pop Century Resort was nice and easy to get all around the property at WDW, we did Disney Springs the first afternoon and the Magic Kingdom and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party the 2nd Day.

Here is the area in front of the resort where you can wait for the buses to the other parks and Disney Springs (Downtown Disney previously)

IMG_4010_zpstkuhgak0.jpg

Edited by BenjiRodney

Following along.

If you have trip insurance your bag may be covered under it. I bought a brand new suitcase and it too got a rip, only about 3 inches but they sent me a check for a new one.

Also, I did Mickey's Christmas Party the first night in November, we had a great time. Can't wait to here about yours.

I am going on this cruise in March and can't wait. What excursions did you do?

Amber Cove, since we had never been there before, we did the Top 10 Best of Puerta Plata. Your typical city tour with a few stops to take pictures and shop.

St Thomas just went downtown for some shopping and to eat.

San Juan did the Rain forest drive and had the best guide that explained the history of the Island and everything that we were seeing.

Grand Turk was too crowded to enjoy the beach, so ate lunch and when back on and played on the water slides.

Following along.

If you have trip insurance your bag may be covered under it. I bought a brand new suitcase and it too got a rip, only about 3 inches but they sent me a check for a new one.

Also, I did Mickey's Christmas Party the first night in November, we had a great time. Can't wait to here about yours.

Park was very crowded despite temps in the 60's. WE arrived around 10am and stayed until after 11 pm. I liked the free cookies and drinks at the various stops in the Park. We were able to see the Parade twice, and the show in front of the Castle twice, and the Fireworks were spectacular as well. I would do this again, but may try to do the Halloween festivities next year before the cruise on the Vista.

As I mentioned earlier it took 3 hours from Pick Up at Disney to Drop off at Port Canaveral. But once we were dropped off, from curb to check in to walking on the ship was 15 minutes or less. There were 4 ships in port Carnival Magic, Carnival Sunshine, Disney Fantasy and Norwegian Epic.

IMG_4186_zpsjwrgvvl0.jpg

Grand Turk was too crowded to enjoy the beach, so ate lunch and when back on and played on the water slides.

We were on cruise with you. The beach (on same side as margaritas) got really crowded right by the dock where the free chairs were but if you just walked down away from the boat, the beaches were empty and the water had no rocks - it was beautiful down there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Seas were rough the first two nights, and the first of four Playlist shows had to be cancelled, they decided to still put on 88 Keys, but to do it concert style so we got a show that night, it was a nice touch. The next few pictures will be of Amber Cove and Puerta Plata, we did not have time to check out the pool area or zip line at the port. The water is not as pretty/clear as it is in Grand Turk or Mahogany Bay.

IMG_4212_zpss3jnibwt.jpg

IMG_4208_zpsulwywwj4.jpg

I failed to mention that we decided to try Your Time Dining for the first time and loved it. In and out very quick, no more 2 hour plus dinner services and waiting for others to show up for dinner. We at in the MDR 3 nights, Lido 2 nights and Cucina del Capitano 2 nights.

We have changed the next 3 cruises we have booked from Early Dinner to YTD. Not sure that I will go back to a set time.

Because of the late departure and more adverse weather overnight and during our arrival into St Thomas, several announcements were made that we would be late in our arrival. But we would be extending our stay 1 hour to compensate for this. I always like being in a port and seeing the sights around all lit up.