Magical time on the Carnival Magic Dec 10th-17th 2016

BenjiRodney

San Juan, we decided on the Rain Forest Drive excursion, we tried to so this a couple years back after the cruise with airport drop off, but due to lack of booking they cancelled it on us and we had to make other arrangements.

IMG_4381_zpsqwtg2qdg.jpg

Our guide Alex was the best guide we have had on a Carnival Tour, he explained the history of all things we were seeing and kept us entertained on the 45 minute ride over to the Visitor Center.

IMG_4388_zpseykow4ah.jpg

IMG_4402_zpsggsrlyda.jpg

Thanks for the review.

Can you tell me what were the inside temperatures were like? If you could give a bit of a reference point - example you keep your house at 73 and you were comfortable - this would tell me I need to pack extra sweaters.

Thank you.

Park was very crowded despite temps in the 60's. WE arrived around 10am and stayed until after 11 pm. I liked the free cookies and drinks at the various stops in the Park. We were able to see the Parade twice, and the show in front of the Castle twice, and the Fireworks were spectacular as well. I would do this again, but may try to do the Halloween festivities next year before the cruise on the Vista.

I did the Halloween festivities the year before. They have a trick or treat trail with some very good candy. It was fun.

Thanks for the review.

Can you tell me what were the inside temperatures were like? If you could give a bit of a reference point - example you keep your house at 73 and you were comfortable - this would tell me I need to pack extra sweaters.

Thank you.

I keep the house on 70 during the hottest times. I was comfortable throughout this trip. It only got hot while waiting in line for the main lounge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Next stop Grand Turk, nothing planned here as last October we did the Coast to Coast Safari while here on the Carnival Breeze. The Glory would be with us in Port again today. This was the hottest stop on the trip (temperature wise.)

Glory next to us and the short pier you walk to get to the shops and the beach.

IMG_4520_zpsm4ahklee.jpg

IMG_4523_zpssatqe6dy.jpg

IMG_4524_zpsjcygcoui.jpg

After visiting a few shops, we wandered into Jimmy Buffet's for drinks and lunch before it got too crazy. The beach was crowded and it was hot out, so after lunch we got back on board and I had fun on the water slides and the pool.

Managed to capture this sunset in Grand Turk:

IMG_4529_zps3wyidrbh.jpg

We had a great time on the Magic, staff and crew great. Captain was hilarious and always telling us to "party on." Loved the Cruise Director Schwartz. He was everywhere and always made it a point to speak.

The VIFP Party was well attended as there were over 400 Platinum and Diamond cruisers on this voyage.

Despite the large registration for the Meet and Mingle, only 20 showed and and even less stayed around by the time anyone from Carnival showed up. The CD did arrive afterwards and talked with us. They did take a group picture of those who stayed and delivered it the cabin later in the cruise.

We had no issues with the food, the longest wait was late at night for pizza.

Looking forward to the next cruises on the Paradise in July and then the Vista in October. Hope to also go back to Alaska for the 3rd time in 2018 as well as we only have Bermuda booked so far.

Will be glad to answer any questions. Thanks for letting me share. Until the next time. Bon Voyage.