Quantum Cruises....Pre Booking Entertainment etc!?

Monk86

I have just booked a 5 night cruise from Shanghai for May 2017. When i log into my Cruise Planner there is no where to pre book entertainment like on the Allure/Oasis etc...Am I to assume that there is no entertainment to pre-book and its just whatever is on, guests can attend like the other ships- Naigator/Adventure etc?

Also, I am unable to select my dining time. Its set at 8:00pm and I would prefer the earlier sitting of 5:30pm. As of now, I have only paid the minimum deposit so maybe the choices will expand when I pay in full. Same goes with the cabin number...I wont be given that until I have paid in full.

Thanks for your help...I cant seem to find an email address for RCI.

Edit: If anyone knows of any Quantum Cruise Reviews I would appreciate a gentle nudge in its direction...Thank you

Edited by Monk86

It's a bit early to book. At some stage, bookings for ifly and northstar should open - note that they are charged.

However, for onboard shows, as you suggest there is no need to book in advance. You just turn up at a suitable session.

Also for the nightly shows, note that in line with being a 'culturally immersive' cruise, guest entertainers may be geared towards the Chinese audience and may present most of their shows in Chinese.

As above, contact whoever you made your booking through to change the dining time.

I have just booked a 5 night cruise from Shanghai for May 2017. When i log into my Cruise Planner there is no where to pre book entertainment like on the Allure/Oasis etc...Am I to assume that there is no entertainment to pre-book and its just whatever is on, guests can attend like the other ships- Naigator/Adventure etc?

I'm going on the Quantum in March and am less than 90 days away. I'm feeling your pain, as to wanted to be organized but nothing seems available!

Also, I am unable to select my dining time. Its set at 8:00pm and I would prefer the earlier sitting of 5:30pm. As of now, I have only paid the minimum deposit so maybe the choices will expand when I pay in full. Same goes with the cabin number...I wont be given that until I have paid in full.

The MDR is managed differently on Quantum. You do not receive a assigned table. It is somewhat open seating at the assigned times. I also learned from research that the Buffet is extremely popular, because they have more asian dishes available. I also learned that the speciality restaurants are often the best choice to go to for English guests and are unused in the Asian market.

I would wait until you get onboard, and get your dining time changed if that is what you really want, or do what I am doing, and eating mostly in the specialty restaurants to avoid the crowds and open seating.

I do not yet have my cabin number and I have a spa JR Suite gty. I'm past final payment, so it might take awhile for you to get one.

Thanks for your help...I cant seem to find an email address for RCI.

Edit: If anyone knows of any Quantum Cruise Reviews I would appreciate a gentle nudge in its direction...Thank you

Most likely you will not pre book entertainment. See the MDR notes. The market is not the same, and generally speaking, RCCL learned to avoid reserved times for everything since most of the guest seem to misunderstand the concept, and it's just easier to manage. I also learned most of the entertainment will be selected based on visual effects rather than English words.

Excursions etc are very slow at being posted as well as drink packages etc. Be patient with it, they will show up beginning at around 90 days. Don't expect many excursions, and come up with a plan B to see things on your own.

Cheers...that is much appreciated.

Im in Seoul myself and will be until about a month before the cruise and will have seen Busan many times...not overly concerned about the ports but will get off in Japan. Im more interested in the ship...

Thanks for your help. Also managed to send an email earlier to an address I found, so again to the person above...many thanks.

Much appreciated all. I am interested in reading a review of the Shanghai based cruises...they seem like it will be very different! All part of it I suppose!

Lots of reviews here:

http://www.cruisecritic.com.au/memberreviews/getreviews.cfm?action=ship&ShipID=705

My experience aligns with much of the commentary there.

Pity you have to go to another city to make a cruise to visit a port you're familiar with! Busan is one of the less convenient ports though (it's a working port away from the centre so you need to take a transit bus, and then get from its dropoff to your destination so more time again), so in that respect it's probably one of the better ones that you skip.

It'll also mean the ship is completely different... and much quieter... when you're onboard there!

Edited by The_Big_M