Liberty Photo Specials

ckmommy

Hi All,

I have been watching on mycruisephotos for our cruise to come up on the pop up menu. We are going on our cruise next week and the cruise just showed up today. The unlimited price is $249. I am wondering if there are other packages offered onboard. I have bought the unlimited package on previous cruises and liked it for $150. But--$250 is a but high. We only want a few family photos on a USB with no copyright. Is there something like a 10 photo USB package?

Thanks!!

Amy

Liberty is "special" in some way, in terms of the photo package offers. Let me explain...

Earlier this year during the summer, the Royal Gifts catalogue was offering a killer promotional price for the all-inclusive digital photo package, only for Liberty of the Seas. It was $99.99. I'm not sure why they offered that price or why it was restricted to Liberty; that's why I said it's "special".

Later on, it was being offered for $149.99 from the mycruisephotos.com site, including my sailing back in November. Knowing that it's normally a $299.99 package, I booked it immediately.

I took a picture of the price list at the Photo Gallery while I was on board. Here's a summary:

All-inclusive digital photo package - $269.99 when you purchase within first 3 days

All-inclusive digital photo package - $299.99 when you purchase from Day 4 on

15 digital photos - $249.99

10 digital photos - $174.99 (this is the same price I have previously seen 10 prints sell at)

Single digital or print - $19.99

So, $249(.99) booked in advance for the full digital package is better than what you should expect onboard.

And if you are interested only in 10 digitals, then it's a bit cheaper per above. Might be worth getting everything, though, for the $75 difference -- you can take advantage of all the casual/formal sessions, photos at the ports, etc. My family ended up getting over 130 photos on our USB flash drive.

Edited by moopetguy

• 2 weeks later...

While I don't recall all the prices, the previous poster is right in that there are different options. I was on Harmony last week. Rather than buying 10 of the photos (set package price), I bought 3 digital. If I wanted them on a flash drive, I had to purchase the flash drive at the desk. Since I didn't need a flash drive (and to spend more), I had them downloaded on my phone (iPhoto) instead. They were $20 per photo download. I now 'own' the photo and can do what er I want with them, including making larger portraits at a local photo shop.

I'm not sure how many people you have in your party, but I spoke to someone on Harmony who was upset. She had 3 rooms in her group. She and her husband, her daughter/spouse, and someone else in the 3rd room. She wanted the 'full' package of all the photos associated with her group. Due to her having 3 rooms, she had to order 3 full packages rather than one package. Triple the cost. They associate everyone's room number separately and told her they cannot put the other two rooms on her photo package. She had to buy the full package for each room (or just buy the ones she really wanted from her other rooms) and they weren't included in on her room number. Seemed a little ridiculous when you have a group of people that you have to buy the full package 3 times to get your family's photos.

Yes, I understand, but the best thing in that circumstance would be to buy individual pictures. Would it really be fare to Royal to expect to get individual pictures from folks in 3 different staterooms on one package? We did a similar thing on the Allure a couple of years ago, bought one package, and were happy with all the group pictures we got. I think to expect otherwise would be rather unrealistic. If you bought a drink package, would you expect your spouse to get drinks on it too?

Still a great buy at $249- unlimited pics on a USB port is well worth it! You do not have to decide on the picture- and take all on the USB port home- When you board the ship a picture is taken, when you dine many pics taken- not to mention poised pictures and those taken at each port- Think about it- also the choice issue IMO a big deal- especially if many pictures are nice- why not have the option? If the price increased, remember so did the price of the cruise and most other thing over the years- perhaps an exception is large TV's! The prices had dropped significantly.

• 3 weeks later...
Online: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/royalgifts/

No photo package appears to be available right now through Royal Gifts, though. You'll have to go through http://mycruisephotos.com instead and see if there is a discount available for your sailing...

OK thanks i knew the website for the Royal gift though maybe something came in the mail