any "bad" M6 minis on Regal? (Guarantee)

mafig

I think the corner ones (107's and 108's) are bigger than the inner ones (105's and 106's) but judging from the lack of responses I'm guessing nobody that's been in them would consider any of them 'bad'. There's lots of previous threads discussing them, particularly whether or not you can use the balcony while at sea...

We're looking at M6 mini suites on Regal. On some of the sailings, only guarantees are available. Any M6's that would be considered undesirable? We want to try the new Club Class.

I believe that all Club Class mini-suites are M1. At least that was the impression that I got a few weeks ago when I booked our 1/29/17 Regal cruise. A M1 Club Class was around $100 more per person than a MS QTY.

In the published description of Club Class, one of the benefits mentioned was that CC only includes the best cabin locations. The cabin that we got was on the leading edge of the hump, very close to the center elevators, which is a M1.

I believe that all Club Class mini-suites are M1. At least that was the impression that I got a few weeks ago when I booked our 1/29/17 Regal cruise. A M1 Club Class was around $100 more per person than a MS QTY.

In the published description of Club Class, one of the benefits mentioned was that CC only includes the best cabin locations. The cabin that we got was on the leading edge of the hump, very close to the center elevators, which is a M1.

I believe M6's are also Club Class.

What I may think of as 'good' or 'bad' may not jive with what you think. How can you possiblly rely on what someone else thinks.

Seriously?

Let me give you some examples. How about a room next to or across from a crew station where they are getting ice all the time with the door slamming?

How about a room where the window washing machine is located and never moved?

How about a room that other's have had A/C problems with or plumbing problems?

How about a room that is smaller than other's, even though the deck plans do not show it to be so?

ETC.

I believe M6's are also Club Class.

You may be correct. I booked our Regal cruise after the final payment date so there was a fire sale (I know bad choice of words for a cruise sale) and the M1 was the only available cabin group that came up as being a Club Class cabin. I have not looked at more standard bookings (outside the payment cutoff periods). However, they do say only the best locations will be Club Class, but I have not tried to figure out which mini-suites fit that definition, I just assumed that M1 was the top MS category, and therefore, was the only group available for CC. I guess the main limiting factor may be the promised new bedding that is first available for CC and I believe full suites. I think that the Regal's new bed rollout is only available for the CC (and full suites?) in time for our 1/29/17 sailing. But, I am just guessing.....

We're looking at M6 mini suites on Regal. On some of the sailings, only guarantees are available. Any M6's that would be considered undesirable? We want to try the new Club Class.

M6 cabins on the Royal/Regal are premium mini suites which will also become Club Class.

The cabins are M108/107, L108/107, L106/105, M106/105. They are definitely not created equal even though the price is the same.

M108/107, L108/107 all have two walled off rooms with no door in between the bedroom and living area. Google these two types of cabins for video, this is better than trying to describe them.

L106/105, M106/105 are about the same size as a mini suite except that it's wider but not as deep as a regular mini suite. I don't like the interior layout as much as a regular mini suite but the balcony is so much bigger for cabins L106/105, M106/105 compared to regular mini suites.. You can find stills of L106 on line.

If you want absolute private moments on the balcony then you want L108/107. L106/105.

Just curious, but are those front facing cabins windy on sea days? I think that I would lose my hat; again.

Yes, they can be really windy especially if you are standing.

Example, a 20 knot head wind and the ship doing 20 knots equals 40 knots on the balcony. The best scenario, 20 tailwind with the ship doing 20 knots equals 0 knots on the balcony. It just depends.

Looking at the deck plans it would appear that the balconies would be large enough to hold a lounge chair (or two).

Your picture, however, shows just a table and two chairs. Disappointing.

The Royal M107/108 have all wood padded furniture. One round wood table with at least four wood padded chairs. Two wood padded recliner chairs. Two small wood end tables. The picture is not the current configuration for the Royal deck furniture for M107/108

Royal L106 had all metal stuff, no padding. One table, two chairs and two recliners.

Edited by Todd320

Funny, I just spoke to a Princess Rep today about this very topic. We will be on the Majestic in May (Barcelona to Rome) and I wanted to change to a Club Class Cabin. The available cabins (I don't remember if they were M-1 or M-6) were on the front of the ship on the Lido deck and the deck under that. The rep told me that we would NOT be able to use the balcony on those front facing cabins because the wind is too strong while the ship is sailing. So, obviously we kept our existing mini-suite. I am not sure if this is a concern only on Med cruises or any cruises.

Funny, I just spoke to a Princess Rep today about this very topic. We will be on the Majestic in May (Barcelona to Rome) and I wanted to change to a Club Class Cabin. The available cabins (I don't remember if they were M-1 or M-6) were on the front of the ship on the Lido deck and the deck under that. The rep told me that we would NOT be able to use the balcony on those front facing cabins because the wind is too strong while the ship is sailing. So, obviously we kept our existing mini-suite. I am not sure if this is a concern only on Med cruises or any cruises.

The balcony is available 24/7, however the wind can be a big factor and there have been posts where it was not useable when the ship was underway.

There can be wind on any cruise. ;)

The rep told me that we would NOT be able to use the balcony on those front facing cabins because the wind is too strong while the ship is sailing.

Thats the offical party line. They need to cover their butt from complaints about the wind.

There are no locks on the sliding glass doors (Regal/Royal) for the balcony.

Thats the offical party line. They need to cover their butt from complaints about the wind.

There are no locks on the sliding glass doors (Regal/Royal) for the balcony.

Well I would certainly hope there are no locks! But if we can't sit out on our balcony while the ship is sailing then why have that cabin. Such a shame the Club Class cabins were selected for that location.

• 5 weeks later...
Well I would certainly hope there are no locks! But if we can't sit out on our balcony while the ship is sailing then why have that cabin. Such a shame the Club Class cabins were selected for that location.

Everybody has different likes and dislikes.

We happen to prefer the forward premium mini suites M107/M108 on the Royal/Regal. Yes ,some sea days the gigantic deck is unusable because of wind but you can usually find a place on the deck to get out of the wind. There are some sea days when the ship is sailing with a tailwind which results in calm wind condition on the deck. For us it’s a magical place to watch the ship come into and leave port. On the deck you have a 270 degree field of view which we really like and is why we bring binoculars. Of course on port days we utilize it a lot when we are not off the ship.

We actually prefer M107/M108 over any full suite on the ship which is why we have no upgrade selected even though the only upgrade possible is a full suite. We have met other cruisers who feel the same way but of course we realize many do not.