As of today......RCI drink price increase!!!!!!!

TC38

We just got back today from HOTS. The package for drinks is anything up to $13.00. We had 1.18 or 2.36 charged extra to many of our drinks. We never signed for or got a receipt from any bar so we didnt know until we looked at our account on the tv (or phones). The problem too, is that its not consistent. I would order a cosmo at one bar, and not be charged anything extra and have to pay 2.36 at another. Then we were charged for drinks a few times and had to spend time having to get the charge removed. I felt nickeled and dimed after paying all that money for the package and then had to pay even more for drinks.

I have to wonder if some people that tip a dollar or so per drink will not tip extra at all if that extra dollar or so is going towards their drink. I can see bartenders taking the brunt of this increase, from complaining customers to decreased tips.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You don't tip extra, you don't get no service (and even then it's not what it was 3 years ago). Between this and the non mini bar water charges that are showing up post cruise for so many, it's clear that RCCL needs new management in this area.

THEY DON'T CARE.....too many new cruisers, us old timers are being bowled over by fresh cruise people..

THEY have no memory of the service we USED TO GET.

yup, that feeling you get when you start to realize things just aren't like they used to be. At first it's not so bad, then more and more you start seeing the change change slowly take over and then one day your realize...oh hell , this ain't what it used to be, and then next thing you know you're yelling at kids to get off your lawn....

I need a drink.....

yup, that feeling you get when you start to realize things just aren't like they used to be. At first it's not so bad, then more and more you start seeing the change change slowly take over and then one day your realize...oh hell , this ain't what it used to be, and then next thing you know you're yelling at kids to get off your lawn....

I need a drink.....

OK Clint.....:rolleyes:

I need a drink.....

Usually it is the neighbor yelling at my dog.

THEY DON'T CARE.....too many new cruisers, us old timers are being bowled over by fresh cruise people..

THEY have no memory of the service we USED TO GET.

Getting old is scary :(

Soon it'll be retirement homes, and I hear the service there is EVEN WORSE.

I am on adventure right now, and price limit is 12.00. Lots of choices under the limit, some are over the limit, like the royal selections, but can be made with cheaper booze. Kim Crawford is 16.00 a glass [emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is the big deal with Kim Crawford wine....it's $12 - 15 a bottle wine....

How much is the "more expensive" wine per glass...

Idk, I totally agree with you, I was going to try it on the ship to see what the cruise critic fuss was about, but I'm not willing to pay over 3.00 for the difference

There are only a few wines in giovannis included under the threshold, maybe 1-2 per wine category

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was reading a review for oasis for last week. It appears the prices are still up. I was looking at the pics he took of the drink menus and literally 80% of the drinks were over the $12 limit. Isn't the point of getting a package to not spend more. We set sail this coming Sunday and I'm curious who I can complain to ahead of time

I was reading a review for oasis for last week. It appears the prices are still up. I was looking at the pics he took of the drink menus and literally 80% of the drinks were over the $12 limit. Isn't the point of getting a package to not spend more. We set sail this coming Sunday and I'm curious who I can complain to ahead of time

I'm not sure what menu you saw, but the Oasis class is a $13 limit I believe

I'm not sure what menu you saw, but the Oasis class is a $13 limit I believe

Correct, Oasis is a $13 limit.

These are various menus from the January 15, 2017 sailing: https://mjcwebdesign.com/photos/index.php?/category/43

The biggest increase that somewhat angered me is the "Classics" for $15 at the Pub. Never spent much time at the pub. Think I might have only grabbed one or two beers from there the entire time.

Sent from a mobile device

We did not purchase the package on our Harmony cruise but we both did for the upcoming Allure cruise. We spent over $700 for the package thinking we would not have to worry about bar bill and we would be able to try different drinks. Now I'm getting worried we will still have to watch what we order and be fretting over menus and constantly asking what the price of a drink is when we are considering ordering it. Not sure this is going to be worth it. May just cancel and get in the mind set of not drinking much on that cruise either. :(:mad: Dang RCI-you've ruined a good (but expensive) idea.

These are various menus from the January 15, 2017 sailing: https://mjcwebdesign.com/photos/index.php?/category/43

The biggest increase that somewhat angered me is the "Classics" for $15 at the Pub. Never spent much time at the pub. Think I might have only grabbed one or two beers from there the entire time.

thank you for the pictures of the Belaros menu. I have never known a mojito to cost $13. i have heard of inflation but this sounds egregious.

Thanks, glad to hear it's at least $13. Most of the drinks start at $13. The whole point was to not spend extra.

Chandom - did you find it was at least clearly told to you when you were being charged additional?

Thanks, glad to hear it's at least $13. Most of the drinks start at $13. The whole point was to not spend extra.

Chandom - did you find it was at least clearly told to you when you were being charged additional?

Never ran in to the situation. Only time I was willing to pay extra was for the Central Park Martini. Even then I stated up front I was aware of the additional charge. I was aware and tried to work within the package limits sticking.

I know from spending time in the Champagne Bar they were giving the heads up to people when drinks would be going over the package limit.

Thanks very much for the drink menus. Will give the package a go. Befriending our chosen bartender and letting them know our requirements to stick to the package probably will work for us. They will probably be able to make most drinks under the package price.would still like to see the current menu for EOS's current Australian season

Edited by Fluffy Tiger

18 pages, 348 posts....the thread that will not die

Enough already ?????

It's over folks...they RAISED THE PRICES....

you do realize that you are not required to read this thread. Its very easy to just have some self control and move to the next thread...sheesh. Why do some people think this board belongs to them and can tell others when and how to post!

Edited by ravenjls