sim card

bsidecside

Going to be cruising on the Princess Regal in March Month. Going to be doing a 14 day Caribbean Cruise. The question is, which phone sim card is best to use in this area of the world. Many thanks for suggestions.

Mike

Check with your phone provider. They might have an agreement with local provider . You might not need a different Sim Card.

Have you checked the phone application called "Whats Ap". I learned of it from an Italian couple visiting the US. You can call anywhere in the world without a special sim card, as long as the other person also has Whats Ap installed in their cell phone, no roaming or extra costs.

Have you checked the phone application called "Whats Ap". I learned of it from an Italian couple visiting the US. You can call anywhere in the world without a special sim card, as long as the other person also has Whats Ap installed in their cell phone, no roaming or extra costs.

My DD used Whatsapp on her trip to Croatia. I worked great as DS had also loaded it on his cell. I have recently joined the 21st century with a smart phone. Added the app to my phone. Works great.

But you need some sort of internet connection to use any of these apps.

There is nothing 'magical' about these apps.

So either way you end of paying. On the ship you would need to purchase the internet package, and in port, you need to find a Wifi access point that is not overloaded.

If you find yourself travelling a lot, I would recommend either tMobile, or Google Fi. Both have very good roaming agreements. I have a Fi phone which charges $10 a gig in about 145 countries. It does not work on the ship, but works in every port.