Embarkation Process in Cape Liberty--Anthem of the Seas

I have heard that there is a new process being used to embark people onto Anthem. I haven't cruised for 2 years, so I am familiar with the old, cattle call, long lines, go to the desk, give credit card and Passports, get SeaPass cards process.

Is there a new process I should be aware of?

Thanks,

Colleen

I have heard that there is a new process being used to embark people onto Anthem. I haven't cruised for 2 years, so I am familiar with the old, cattle call, long lines, go to the desk, give credit card and Passports, get SeaPass cards process.

Thanks,

Colleen

Hey, Colleen, are you forsaking your Roll Call buddies? ;) :D

Have you uploaded your pictures when checking in online?

That's step one.

When you get to the port, and are dropped off at the terminal door, you hand off your bags to a porter. He will give you a sticker for your SetSail Pass which has an RFID chip in it for tracking your luggage. (which may or may not work.) The tracking takes place on the Royal IQ app, which you should download now, at home.

You enter the terminal and there are roving staff carrying ipads. They check you in, send you through security, and if boarding has already begun, you head straight onto the ship. If boarding has not started yet, you sit in the designated area and wait to be called.

Once you board, you are free to roam around and find something to eat. At or around 1 P.M., cabins will be available. Next to your door is your door number plaque on the wall. Tucked into this plaque is a sealed, zip-off envelope, which contains one SeaPass card. Inside your cabin you will find your other card(s).

:)

Thanks,

Colleen

Colleen,

Just realized, when are you sailing on her? I was on the Nov 27th 12-night sailing. Is your sailing visiting St Kitts? I may have a huge favor to ask of you. If you think you may be able to help, can you contact me at my username at America on line (the shorthand abbreviated version of course) dot com.

Karin

Boarding starts at 11 am or so?

It depends on when the ship gets a "zero count" from the previous cruise.

It can be as early as 11, or later, depending on whether there are cooperative or uncooperative passengers on the cruise before yours.

That's step one.

When you get to the port, and are dropped off at the terminal door, you hand off your bags to a porter. He will give you a sticker for your SetSail Pass which has an RFID chip in it for tracking your luggage. (which may or may not work.) The tracking takes place on the Royal IQ app, which you should download now, at home.

Thanks so much! I am not forsaking any of you -- I just thought it would be better handled here, in the general area!

Thanks for the information, though!!!

I have a question: We usually carry on our luggage -- is this still an option?

Thanks,

Colleen

Thanks so much! I am not forsaking any of you -- I just thought it would be better handled here, in the general area!

Thanks for the information, though!!!

I have a question: We usually carry on our luggage -- is this still an option?

Thanks,

Should be the same Colleen. We boarded with 18" suitcases last year. Carry on luggage has to go through a scanner. The same as other ports.

Edited by Sanz

That's step one.

You enter the terminal and there are roving staff carrying ipads. They check you in, send you through security, and if boarding has already begun, you head straight onto the ship. If boarding has not started yet, you sit in the designated area and wait to be called.

Once you board, you are free to roam around and find something to eat. At or around 1 P.M., cabins will be available. Next to your door is your door number plaque on the wall. Tucked into this plaque is a sealed, zip-off envelope, which contains one SeaPass card. Inside your cabin you will find your other card(s).

If I don't get my sea pass until I go to my cabin, How in the world am I going to get that all important first drink when I board. After all, nothing says I am "on vacation" like a frozen cocktail.

If I don't get my sea pass until I go to my cabin, How in the world am I going to get that all important first drink when I board. After all, nothing says I am "on vacation" like a frozen cocktail.

The bar waiters will be happy to make you your favorite beverage as soon as you board, they just use your set sail pass and use your room number.

Lou