Christmas cruising on Harmony of the Seas

MaiseyM

Also cannot believe the buffet on the 16th floor closes at 9:30 pm. We always went there for a small snack/dessert before going to our room. We like to forego our dinner dessert and get up there later--not on Harmony!

9:30pm is a typical closing time for Windjammer on all the RC ships we've been on.

We are also on this cruise and having a wonderful time. Have been on the Anthem twice and on that ship and the Harmony feel that there is a lack of late night food available for a snack. The Windjammer should be open late night for some light food. Cafe Promenade is open, but they don't change the nightly offerings which are few anyway. Food in general not as good as on our two cruises on the Anthem earlier this year. In any event, having a wonderful time and would come back in a second!

We were told there are 5,700 rooms for double occupancy but that this Christmas cruise as 6,300 guests. Much too crowded. Also, have found that this Christmas Harmony cruise is mostly large family groups. Dining room is crammed together. Really disappointed at n this cruise. Considering our May cruise on the Oasis.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Definitely many large groups this ship. Surprisingly, they have dines nice job with service in MTD for dinners, considering the large crowds.

Today we visited San Juan, Puerto Rico. Apparently it was the first time they've had Harmony visit the island so there were news cameras when we got off the ship. The traffic was totally nuts. We were a little late getting off, I assumed complications outside. Once we got off, there were a lot of people, news cameras, and numerous tour buses are lined up. It was definitely a production.

We did the bus tour of the rain forest, however, on the way back we had to cut our tour short. Royal Caribbean called the tour company and asked for us to come back sooner than expected. They said there was so much traffic on the road from all of the people coming to see the ship. It definitely took a little bit more time to get back to the ship and I didn't mind missing our last stop at some little place to purchase things. Another fun day off the ship, but I'm happy to be back on board to catch up on my naps.

Oh. Another small thing I noticed. I'm not sure if your family enjoys french fries, but they definitely changed the type they ordered from oasis. The ones in oasis for high-quality. These and harmony, I definitely mediocre at best. My husband used to work in the food industry and knows these things well. They no longer order them fro i'm not sure if your family enjoys french fries, but they definitely changed the type the Quality of fries they're ordering.. The ones on Oasis were high-quality and tasted good.. These on harmony, are definitely mediocre at best. My husband used to work in the food industry (Sysco) and knows these things well. You can tell just by looking at the fry that it's not a high-quality one. They just aren't as good this time around. Again, not the end of the world or anything major, but it was something we used to look forward to when we ate at some of the restaurants.

On another note, my children love using the waterslides. They have used them several times. We have all tried their best. It's fun, but my kids prefer the waterslides since it's easier to get back in line quickly.

We attempted to see the headliner show last night, Abba influenced. We left after a few songs. My kids were definitely not entertained, due to their generational difference. The sound was also super loud. They had to adjusted or something, because it was blowing my hair so. I'm sure it was a fun act for those who enjoy Abba.

Haiti today. I'm happy for a day with limited excursions so that my family could sleep in and rest. The past two days were fun, but three days of excursions in a row is a little much for us.

Hi MaiseyM,

Do you think you could post some of the bar menus? There is a rumor/menu floating around that shows a majority of drinks being more expensive than the deluxe drink plan allows thus incurring an upcharge.

Thanks!

Yikes. I hope not. I'll try to take some pics tomorrow. I guess I'll find out bc I've been ordering whatever drinks I've wanted to all week minus the wine upgrade

The line moved pretty fast. As for the question about the bars, I haven't gotten any pictures of the menu. That's said though, I didn't have to pay anything extra for drinks. We ordered a lot of different drinks minus l wine. I don't like their wine that is within the cost limit so I don't order their wine. Throughout the week we ordered numerous different coffee drinks, champagne drinks, slushy drinks, shots, cocktails, and beer. I didn't have to pay anything above and beyond. So I don't think there is any truth to the cost going up with the intention of charging people more.

We are at sea today. I feel like as the week went on, some of the lines went down and the ship felt less crowded. I think it was the first few days when everybody was at sea and everybody wanted to be on the slides and the activity lines, it's felt more crowded. Things tended to even out as the week went on

The vacation is over. [emoji53]. We had a fabulous time and enjoyed taking a different ship. I just booked an Easter cruise and liberty of the seas for its itinerary next spring. I want to do some more research to learn more about the ship but I at least have it on my calendar.

Those were boarding today, it looks like New Year's eve will be a blast. They had all of the balloons pinned up on the ceiling and the promenade this morning. It looks like there will be a big balloon drop at midnight. Have fun. I know CNN will be filming there tonight as well.