Koningsdam best verandah location

doone

Happy holidays everyone, thinking about booking Koningsdam for a family vacation. We are looking to book verandah cabins and would like them together. When booking cabins in the past I have always made sure there were cabins above me and below me to insure quiet.

I have noticed the aft verandah cabins on deck 4 look larger, my worry is noise, anyone sailed in these cabins and can give me info on your experience?

Looking more seriously at category V on deck 5, Gershwin Deck, question are those balconies shallow like on the Eurodam Deck 5?

I appreciate any info on cabins or this beautiful ship for a family cruise. We have no little ones ages will range early 20's to mid 60's.

Thanks everyone, looking forward to hearing everyone's expert opinions....

Edited by doone

Looking more seriously at category V on deck 5, Gershwin Deck, question are those balconies shallow like on the Eurodam Deck 5?
From my pictures of the outside of the ship it does appear that the deck 5 mid-ship balconies are shallower than those on deck 6, just like the previous two classes of ships.

That's what I am seeing jtl513, at the moment thinking of Aft cabins on deck 6, anyone stay in these cabins can share their experiences? I know it will be a long walk to some places onboard but this will help us get our steps in....any thoughts?

Thank you daiseyloo, that verandah configuration is a little different than the rest. One question, did your cabin overlook the lifeboats?

Yes, our balcony looked down onto lifeboats. They in no way obstructed our view out, but did block the view directly down. That was not an issue for us and we loved everything else about the cabin/balcony/location.

We have just returned from the K'dam. We had cabin 5201 aft, and it was an adjoining cabin if you wished to use it as such. It was very quiet. The balcony was the usual 2 chairs and a very small table - couldn't eat breakfast on there for instance. We overlooked the balconies on deck 4. They were double size with the covered section, then an uncovered section where you can be seen from above. With deck 4 you would need to check what is underneath you E.g. It could be a a noisy show venue, although from memory these venues are toward the front of the ship.

Thanks porrah great info, I am looking at deck 6 aft now thinking that may be a good spot, but still need to discuss with my sisters.....love to hear more thoughts...

Edited by doone

We had a balcony on Starboard toward the aft on 4 and really enjoyed the extra big balcony. Very quiet and convenient to many things ( except Explorations). We were disappointed that the balcony furniture was the standard 2 chairs and a tiny table - lots of space for loungers but they were not provided. Overall, we found the stateroom felt smaller than the Vista class rooms and we didn't like the angled toilet (very cramped).

Carnevale great info for that cabin category as we were considering that deck....I think I will stick with deck 5 or 6 aft....

There is a photo on this review which might also assist. Note the Deck 4 extended balconies are partially covered, partially open. We've booked one of these for our upcoming cruise and I'm really looking forward to it because we prefer a quieter space than the crowded pool areas.

https://hideousjourneys.com/2016/12/28/holland-america-line-ms-koningsdam-ship-tour/#more-12280

Happy holidays everyone, thinking about booking Koningsdam for a family vacation. We are looking to book verandah cabins and would like them together. When booking cabins in the past I have always made sure there were cabins above me and below me to insure quiet.

I have noticed the aft verandah cabins on deck 4 look larger, my worry is noise, anyone sailed in these cabins and can give me info on your experience?

I originally booked a verandah on Deck 4 for our Southern Carib cruise but changed to Deck 7. smaller verandah. One day I walked down to Deck 4 to see where we would have been and I noticed it was VERY smoky on that floor. People can smoke on the verandahs. My husband smoked a cigar every night, but on Deck 7 we never saw any neighbors out on their verandah.

I originally booked a verandah on Deck 4 for our Southern Carib cruise but changed to Deck 7. smaller verandah. One day I walked down to Deck 4 to see where we would have been and I noticed it was VERY smoky on that floor. People can smoke on the verandahs. My husband smoked a cigar every night, but on Deck 7 we never saw any neighbors out on their verandah.

Starting next month there will be a no smoking policy on balconies. We've booked a large balcony cabin on deck 4 and have no worries about smoke.

• 10 months later...

Hello! I just came across your post and would love to know how you liked your cabin on Deck 4 koningsdam? I also have a cabin booked at the aft of deck 4 with a large verandah. Sailing in March. Anything stand out to you as great or not so great?

Thx

Starting next month there will be a no smoking policy on balconies. We've booked a large balcony cabin on deck 4 and have no worries about smoke.

This is the largest Balcony's on the ship minus the Major Suites.. Its a Balcony Cabin and has a double sized Balcony.. This one is 4154 and is the one i booked for my upcoming cruise and there is another right next too it.. There is a stairwell between the two rooms giving the extra size Balcony... Needless to say I would not upgrade unless they gave me a suite.

https://imgur dot com/a/1eSJt

Edited by pirate_dad
Broken Link