Demographic on European cruises?- Barcelona

mcatmcat

Hi [emoji3]

I always sail from either Miami or Ft Lauderdale in a Caribbean cruise but I wonder what is the demographic in a cruise from Royal sailing from Barcelona. Are there still mostly Americans and Canadians or do people hop on from Spain or Italy like the Floridians do to the Caribbean cruises?

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

she sails from Spain.......expect 40% Spanish, a lot of Europeans and Eastern Europeans and perhaps 15% USA.

A bit different on our Liberty cruise out of Barcelona a few years ago.

40% Americans, 20% British and then the next two highest were French and Scandinavians. Strangely not many Spanish at all.

The sailing was outside of the main European holiday period of mid July to the end of August so I guess it may depend on when you sail.

Slightly off the OP's post as it's about a different demographic: how many diamond and up passengers might be on an European cruise?

The only other cruise we were on with access to the lounge was a TA and it was packed to the gills every night. Curious if there would be less on a round trip out of Rome? Fewer loyalty members would make sense with more Europeans on board (I think).

Thanks

Slightly off the OP's post as it's about a different demographic: how many diamond and up passengers might be on an European cruise?

The only other cruise we were on with access to the lounge was a TA and it was packed to the gills every night. Curious if there would be less on a round trip out of Rome? Fewer loyalty members would make sense with more Europeans on board (I think).

Thanks

There are definitely less on the non TA cruises. We cruised the Med out of Barcelona in Oct on Celebrity. As Diamond on Royal, we got Elite status on Celebrity and the nightly event was not crowded at all. The same ship did a TA right after our cruise and the reports were that the nightly event was packed. TA's tend to draw more frequent cruisers.