Crow's Nest disappearing as we know it (on HAL ships)

happyglobetrotter

On our recent cruise on Amsterdam we almost always had trivia in the Ocean bar, 11:45. Twice they switched us to the Crow's Nest due to art auctions. Those days we were back to back with Ukulele lessons which would have been too noisy for me in that space.

I often went to the Crow's Nest to check the navigation screen, but usually during the daytime and early evenings when there was little to nothing happening in that beautiful space. For many that was the joy of it, a quiet place with great views.

The new plan sounds interesting to me... I'd like to have some more opportunity for port info, especially maps... we really got spoiled on a river cruise where there were very good street maps labeled for tourists handed out for every port; plus to have someone knowledgeable about ports would be most helpful. And access to real reference materials even electronically.

The artistic visualizations look good to me. I accept that "gone or going are the days" of finding quiet places to read and see the ocean on cruise ships - I guess that's what a verandah is for - or go to a different cruise line where you pay more for quiet space. DH bought headphones and I figure if I want quiet I should stay home.

It seems a lot of people liked the bar and dancing and are concerned they may not have them anymore. My observation is that the dancing seems to be going away with the lack of dance-band musicians onboard. And the bar will still be there, plus a coffee bar and other ways to make money.

I'll stay tuned.... m--

Had not been on HAL in a few years but always remember the

Crows Nest as it was used for ( and what it was not used for ) .

Looked forward to the Crows Nest on last weeks cruise aboard the Oosterdam .

What happened ☹️ ?

Still nice oceanview seating but what is going on behind you ?

Endless trivia , no music , a split library , game tables and a $$ coffee bar .

What a waste of a beautiful lounge .

Yes they moved all music to just one deck but at the loss of the Crows Nest to a game room .

For those with Beverage Packages , good luck finding a bar waiter in

the Crows Nest [emoji481][emoji485][emoji483][emoji484]

Sent from my iPad using Forums