First time in the Haven

Playlover

Hi, next week we will be in the Haven for the first time on the Breakaway's Jan 2nd sailing. How does the free room service work? Are milkshakes free? How much do you usually tip the butler? Has someone been in 14782 aft? Any others tips or information is appreciated!!!

Hi there! We are also on next weeks sailing in the Haven. I'm not sure about your questions but you should be able to email or call the pre-cruise concierge desk and get the answers. You should have received a letter in the mail with your luggage tags.

Hi there! We are also on next weeks sailing in the Haven. I'm not sure about your questions but you should be able to email or call the pre-cruise concierge desk and get the answers. You should have received a letter in the mail with your luggage tags.

What is the pre cruise concierge desk? We can't print our luggage tags like we normally do?

Hi, next week we will be in the Haven for the first time on the Breakaway's Jan 2nd sailing. How does the free room service work? Are milkshakes free? How much do you usually tip the butler? Has someone been in 14782 aft? Any others tips or information is appreciated!!!

You can order anything from any restaurant. Food from restaurants will be charged at the restaurant prices. Complimentary restaurants are free. Specialty restaurants at their a la carte prices (or using your dining package).

Tip your butler at the end of he cruise. Suggested $10-$15 per person per day. $5-$10 per person per day to the concierge.

Anything from room service menu is free. I don't know if they have milkshakes on the menu. Anything fyou request rom the mdr is free as well.

What is the pre cruise concierge desk? We can't print our luggage tags like we normally do?

As your sailing is so close your will probably need to print your luggage tags. they do mail Haven tags, we have received ours about 60 days prior to sailing.

You will love the Haven - enjoy your cruise!!

Print your own luggage tags.

Pre-printed tags are normally sent to you exactly 50 days prior to sailing. If you did not get them, print your own and they will work fine. We have NEVER found that the priority tags had any affect in when our bags showed up.

You can have your butler bring you any food that is available at the time you are ordering from anywhere on the ship. Milkshakes are available from O'sheehans but they are not free. If there is a cost for the food you are requesting, you will be charged for it. Tipping is a popular topic here, so I suggest you do a search on tipping the butler so you can get more than one opinion.

I am on that sailing too! Are you sure the room number is correct? 14782 on the Breakaway is a BA mid ship balcony. :confused:

Congrats on your first Haven sailing! I had mine on the BA just two weeks ago!

As others have said - you can order anything that's available on the ship and you'll only have to pay if it's a specialty item, like food from a specialty restaurant (you can use your SDP meals for in room dining if you want). Milkshakes from O'Sheehans do have a charge so you'd have to pay that.

We had Peter as our butler and Athena as our steward, both first rate. If you happen to have them, please say that Ms. Mary on her scooter, along with Randy and Ann say hi!

Anoop should be your concierge and he is one of the most highly talked of concierges in the fleet. He will take care of anything you need outside the room - reservations, excursions, tours, he's got you covered.

You asked about room service but you may not use it much with the wonderful Haven Restaurant at your service. Gretl the matre d' made every visit so much fun (she loved driving my MIL's scooter around the restaurant). Note - you can order off menu at the Haven Restaurant. Anything available on the ship is available there, but it's a courtesy to give them advance notice if you plan to do that. Same rules as room service, you only pay if the item isn't free where you'd normally get it.

Tipping is extremely personal. We did $100 each for the butler and concierge and also gave the steward extra on top of the DSC. I feel our tips were bare minimum and would likely tip more if we had similar service in the future.

The BA Haven staff is outstanding and I hope you enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk