Caymus Wine

Brendaflamingo

Please repost to this thread when you find out ( as I will be on Reflection 3 weeks after you)....in 2013, Solstice had Caymus Special Selection for under $200 in Murano....yummy....looking forward to having it again ( albeit from a different vintage year)....

I agree with Wallie.....bring 2 bottles ( which is the maximum you are allowed) of Caymus on board in a carryon bag....will be less expensive than on the ship...ask your steward for a wine opening implement and glasses....can bring a glass to dinner as well, but you will pay a $25 corkage fee to open a bottle at a restaurant ( still probably way cheaper than purchasing on ship)......

While you will never find a wine in any restaurant for what you will in store, the Cayamus was a good value in both the special selection and the standard variety. We enjoy a 2013 and a 2015 (42 and 43 sequence I think) on our last sailing.

If you are in a suite, or have Elite or higher status, with the 20% off it is very reasonably priced compared to many land based restaurants and much less a hassle then lugging it. Your mileage may vary.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Two years ago on the TA Reflection had 6 bottles and one guy bought them all, lock - stock - and barrel. I agree with others, bring two. That way you know you have them and aren't disappointed if the ship doesn't.

thanks to all of your for your informative answers.

My boyfriend has two 2013, (which is my favorite also Jenna).

Maybe pack with the snorkel gear.

Brenda

Hi Brenda,

We ate in Luminae on the Reflection this evening, and I asked the sommelier about any Caymus on board. He said they currently have the Caymus Special Selection. Sorry, I didnt ask him vintage, price or quantity, but they do have it!

Bring a few of your own to be safe!