Question on NCL Worldpoints Mastercard

HowardK

Hello, I will be getting the NCL Worldpoints Mastercard as I am already a BOA Customer. 10,000 points for signing up and 5,000 for $1,000 in charges the next 3 months. My cruise isn't until 2018 so I will have plenty of time to receive 5,000 more points at which point the $200 discount kicks in.

Is there only one point redemption per cruise? After I make my final payment, I will likely have enough remaining points to claim a $50 or potentially $100 on board credit (based on projected usage). Would I be able to do so later?

I was thinking if so I could then use that towards a SDP.

Could people share some examples of how they have used the points?

I recently cashed in the 10,000 points for $100 OBC. It was a quick phone call and then they sent me a confirmation via email.

I didn't have time to meet the other bonus for this cruise but that's ok there is always time before 2018.

Don't forget if you use it to pay for your cruise you get 3 points for every dollar and those can really add up!

I recently redeemed 20,000 WorldPoints for 2 $100 onboard credits. We cruise in March 2017 so I hope to be able to redeem another 5000 for a $50 onboard credit for the same cruise.

Based on my past experience I don't recall there being a limit to one redemption per cruise. I believe you can redeem as many points in however many increments as you want.

I got the credit card this year for the good payout of points for NCL cruises. I got 10,000 points for joining and another 5000 points in paying for my next NCL cruise. So I have called the NCL office twice to have the points converted to the OBC.

My only complaint is that when I call the NCL rewards office, whoever answers the phone always spends 10 minutes (both times) telling me that my NCL agent is in Florida and that I need to make sure I clearly understand that all calls are to go to him and that I need to remember not to call the wrong people at NCL. I really hate this part of redeeming points. I know that for many people this may not be an issue but for me it has been. I don't like being lectured, I just want to redeem the points. Both times I asked if I should be calling a different number to redeem the rewards and was told NO you have reached the correct number.

Hello, I will be getting the NCL Worldpoints Mastercard as I am already a BOA Customer. 10,000 points for signing up and 5,000 for $1,000 in charges the next 3 months. My cruise isn't until 2018 so I will have plenty of time to receive 5,000 more points at which point the $200 discount kicks in.

Is there only one point redemption per cruise? After I make my final payment, I will likely have enough remaining points to claim a $50 or potentially $100 on board credit (based on projected usage). Would I be able to do so later?

I was thinking if so I could then use that towards a SDP.

Could people share some examples of how they have used the points?

There is a "sticky thread" at the beginning of this NCL forum..... lots of fantastic ideas \ strategies for the NCL Worldpoints Mastercard

As long as you have points on your credit card before you cruise, you can call and get OBC. I paid for my cruise and cashed in for OBC. Then I paid for my don with the card and cashed that in for more OBC a week before the cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use it for everything and have for years.....You can buy as much OBC as your want with points.....It is also good for some category upgrades. For 10,000 pts you can call and reserve room in B3 - pay that price and use 10,000 pts to get a B1 (AFT facing balcony) on some cruises that is a $200-$300 difference per person but 10,000 points is only worth $100 OBC

I got the credit card this year for the good payout of points for NCL cruises. I got 10,000 points for joining and another 5000 points in paying for my next NCL cruise. So I have called the NCL office twice to have the points converted to the OBC.

My only complaint is that when I call the NCL rewards office, whoever answers the phone always spends 10 minutes (both times) telling me that my NCL agent is in Florida and that I need to make sure I clearly understand that all calls are to go to him and that I need to remember not to call the wrong people at NCL. I really hate this part of redeeming points. I know that for many people this may not be an issue but for me it has been. I don't like being lectured, I just want to redeem the points. Both times I asked if I should be calling a different number to redeem the rewards and was told NO you have reached the correct number.

They have always been super nice to me when I call. They never bring up agents. There are only about 8 people who work in the NCL rewards office. I've only used the reward points for meta upgrades.