Beach advice near cruise ports

JH31115

Hi all

I'll probably also be posting in ports of call boards but wanted advice on beaches near cruise ports since we will be traveling with our soon to be 2 yr old twins. We want beaches with calm waters, facilities, and short taxi ride.

We are traveling on adventure of the seas July 2017 and stopping at st Maarten, st kitts, Barbados, st Lucia and Antigua

I know in st Maarten we will go to the beach in town or little divi beach.

Need help with st.kitts, Barbados, st Lucia and Antigua.

We don't like to do cruise excursions since timing is often tough and we need to back to the ship for lunch and afternoon nap.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

Have you looked into a private tour company? They may be a great option for you and run on your time if you do a tour for your family only. I love beach days but honestly it can get a bit old with my 17 month old twins, it might be nice to see some of the island as well. We found with our large family that the price was actually a bit cheaper to go with a private tour than the ship excursions. The bonus was that we could stop wherever we wanted and the twins napped as we traveled. Just a thought... I have not been to those ports or at least to some in many years. Hoping the port forums can give you more specific advice.

You don't need a "tour" to go to beaches. But, you do need info! Get a guidebook at your public library..it will tell you ALL you need to know about beaches, transportation, food/drink, amenities, and safety! The more info you have, the better time you will have, and the more money you can save...which is important when you have kids and bills!