Help!!! Have I made a huge mistake?

Scotland01

Margaret,

I too l have booked a guarantee in the past and accept that you just have to go with the flow and I am absolutely sure that you will be fine.

We have also had cabins and Hotels rooms with an interconnecting door and to date it has never bothered us and I swear my wife has bionic hearing !

After a few “sherries” in the lounge, you will be fine !

I write this sitting in my cold office looking out the window in the still dark morning at the frosted over cars (North East Scotland) and I can I assure you, I would swap with you in a heartbeat if I could, regardless of the cabin location !

We have never sailed on Vision but we did sail out of Dubai last year on Quantum and it was an amazing experience so I am sure you will have a great time.

Just chill,....get yourself a cocktail,…. and relax,……you will be on a cruise !

Good luck, Happy sailing and regards

Ron.

Make sure you've set your upgrade preferences for an automatic upgrade - you never know ;)

In any case there are many many outside cabins (Cat G) on deck 4 still available - more available than have been sold. You could always ask to be moved once you get to check in.

There have been multiple reports on this board of Royal UK moving guarantees similar to the US. They just usually involve calling - in this case your travel agent would be the one to call for you - and it might take a few different calls to try different agent personalities to get one you want..,

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It drives me bonkers that people get so upset about the status reference...

How would the community prefer they convey that they are an experienced cruiser?

~Cel_Cruise...wearing my 'gold' badge of honor proudly!

Thank you never meant to brag!! Just used it to explain that I was an experienced cruiser and should have known better than take the risk! However only guarantee outside cabins were bookable. Asked TA to try to get us a better cabin but was quoted £800 to move to H/G grade

Thank you never meant to brag!! Just used it to explain that I was an experienced cruiser and should have known better than take the risk! However only guarantee outside cabins were bookable. Asked TA to try to get us a better cabin but was quoted £800 to move to H/G grade

there are still many examples of UK cruisers who have called back multiple times to Royal and gotten their room changed. Are there other rooms left in your category? You should be able to see that online and ask your TA to call a few times to get different agents to ask to move you.

Now - whether your TA is willing to do that is a different story!

No matter what - it's still going to be a great cruise - use this as a learning experience - learn what it's like to be at that part of the ship!!