Royal wedding...

amm188nel

Iam doing mine in labadee, not sure if anyone else did and if they have a review on it??? Also I have a group of 20 people and I was going to seat everyone together in the dining room... will they place my two tables of 10 next to each other? How good are they at accommodating for groups?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Iam doing mine in labadee, not sure if anyone else did and if they have a review on it??? Also I have a group of 20 people and I was going to seat everyone together in the dining room... will they place my two tables of 10 next to each other? How good are they at accommodating for groups?

Our daughter's wedding and reception was held at sea, so I can't help with info about having the wedding on Labadee.

However, I would caution you about dealing with the pre-cruise contractor called Royal Romance. We had constant communication issues (promised call backs never came, being on hold for 30-60 minutes every time we called, email responses after a week), and in the end, they did not communicate the plans properly to the ship.

It's been a lot of back and forth. I was nervous because they didn't any pictures of the wedding locations except for one. Do you remember if if the ship crew were accommodating or helpful? Even though the royal romance coordinators were not good at communicating?

It's been a lot of back and forth. I was nervous because they didn't any pictures of the wedding locations except for one. Do you remember if if the ship crew were accommodating or helpful? Even though the royal romance coordinators were not good at communicating?

The ship's crew was outstanding, and they did everything they could to accomodate us, however the fact that plans were not relayed properly to the ship caused the bride and groom to miss most of the reception.

• 3 weeks later...
The ship's crew was outstanding, and they did everything they could to accomodate us, however the fact that plans were not relayed properly to the ship caused the bride and groom to miss most of the reception.

Do you remember how your daughter transported her dress? I don't travel a lot with such important things as a wedding dress. Iam guessing I'll carry it on? I just can't afford for it to get lost

Do you remember how your daughter transported her dress? I don't travel a lot with such important things as a wedding dress. Iam guessing I'll carry it on? I just can't afford for it to get lost

We carried it on, never left her sight.

Our daughter's wedding and reception was held at sea, so I can't help with info about having the wedding on Labadee.

However, I would caution you about dealing with the pre-cruise contractor called Royal Romance. We had constant communication issues (promised call backs never came, being on hold for 30-60 minutes every time we called, email responses after a week), and in the end, they did not communicate the plans properly to the ship.

Mine was not a wedding, but a vow renewal. However, I am in complete agreement with you with regards to Royal Romance. They were absolutely awful. All of the problems you mentioned we had too. And finally I emailed the CEO of RCI, and amazingly things suddenly sprang into action. Very very frustrating.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Mine was not a wedding, but a vow renewal. However, I am in complete agreement with you with regards to Royal Romance. They were absolutely awful. All of the problems you mentioned we had too. And finally I emailed the CEO of RCI, and amazingly things suddenly sprang into action. Very very frustrating.

Surprising that RC has not changed the contractor.

Iam in the process of panning out details and I emailed the girl back all of the songs I wanted and she never responded I finally sent another message and her response. " yes I got you email I will make note, we will have another phone call meeting sometime in January". Okay so you couldn't have said that before? And when in January... well it's the 13th and I haven't heard a thing. My wedding is Feb 8th.

Iam laid back so it's really not a huge deal but boy if I was someone else they would have an ear full by now. I was gunna call Monday but it's MLK day I bet they won't be open [emoji21].

They easily accommodated our two tables last April in MDR (family reunion) so that should not be a problem as long as you email dining@rccl.com to make arrangements...they may also be able to help with the reception. Since the rep for Royal Romance stinks, I would suggest either you or a wedding planner assume all arrangements. I think the ship can handle your special requests, but things such as music had better be taken care of at home, hire someone to record the music and bring portable speakers and ipad or something to facilitate that. They can do flowers if emailed ahead of time for them.

Good luck, post pics! And congrats:D

You Tubed Wedding on Labadee and found lots of vids...

Edited by BecciBoo

I hoping so too! The change should be for the better. 16 days till my flight leaves to Florida!! Hurry up!

Sincere best wishes for your wedding. For your own peace of mind, as another post suggested, I would have music...downloaded.

Looking back on our wedding many years ago (and on dry land) the highlights were looking at each other as we clearly made our vows, sharing the day with those nearest and dearest and always remembering this day was the step into our future. I say this simply because if something doesn't go exactly as planned try to put it in perspective....

A wedding lasts a few hours a marriage lasts a lifetime - sincere best wishes to you both for the future!

• 1 month later...
I hoping so too! The change should be for the better. 16 days till my flight leaves to Florida!! Hurry up!

Hope your wedding cruise went off without any issues. If you have time, I would love to hear how it went and if the new company seemed better than the old one.

• 2 months later...

My cousin had her wedding on the boat and had about 25 people go on the cruise. We didn't see they until they said hello to us. She was afraid we would bother her on her honeymoon. We all said it is a HUGE boat you will not see us much. unless you want to.

Did you have a group of people go on the cruise with you?