Dolphin Swim St. Maarten/Anguilla

KPfromCT

Happy Friday Everyone!!!:D:D

We are cruising on the 8 night Eastern Carnival Magic in June, for DD's high school graduation gift:)

This Carnival excursion looks like it got great reviews. It's $150.00 pp, so we are just wondering, has anyone out here in CC land done this excursion?

Was it worth the money?

I tried to find videos on You Tube and Google, but nothing for the particular one that Carnival offers.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, and Happy New Year to all!:D

Have not done this excursion. BUT.... on the St Marteen/St Martin Board in the Caribbean ports of call section here. There are some reviews and comments. Focus on other reports regarding instructors, condition of dolphin pens, time in the water, etc..

Be aware the excursion is not on St Marteen/St Martin. You will be taking a ferry or boat to Anguilla. That makes a ship excursion somewhat worth while, but expensive.

Thank you! Yes, aware of the 45 minute boat ride, which wasn't thrilling, but now I see they have the same exact excursion in St. Kitts, just FIVE minutes from the ship!:D:D:D

Same exact excursion, same price, but wont waste 6 hours doing it.

Still leaves us plenty of time for the beach and shopping.....

SO excited!

Thank you! Yes, aware of the 45 minute boat ride, which wasn't thrilling, but now I see they have the same exact excursion in St. Kitts, just FIVE minutes from the ship!:D:D:D

Same exact excursion, same price, but wont waste 6 hours doing it.

Still leaves us plenty of time for the beach and shopping.....

SO excited!

That's good! Hope your DD has a great time. But might be a good idea to see if there are any pictures or reviews of the excursion there. Not a PETA person but every place is different. And you want to see good treatment and care and living conditions. I didn't like the looks of the pens and water depth at Mahogany Bay, Roatan, for example, but have seen the pens at Anthony's Key in Sandy Bay and know they take good care of all their animals and marine life. AK operates both, go figure. Would hate for you to spend all that $$ and then be freaked out by the environment and condition of the dolphins.

That's good! Hope your DD has a great time. But might be a good idea to see if there are any pictures or reviews of the excursion there. Not a PETA person but every place is different. And you want to see good treatment and care and living conditions. I didn't like the looks of the pens and water depth at Mahogany Bay, Roatan, for example, but have seen the pens at Anthony's Key in Sandy Bay and know they take good care of all their animals and marine life. AK operates both, go figure. Would hate for you to spend all that $$ and then be freaked out by the environment and condition of the dolphins.

Thank you for your kind response!:D

I did read all of the reviews. They said the dolphins looked like they were very well cared for, and the trainers were amazing with them.

That's all I have to go on, so I hope that's true!!

Thanks again!