Mixing cruise Lines

deborahjo

I clearly saw the "no other line- perks too important" thinking on the Vista. Actually shocked me, all the people who claimed they wouldn't sail any other line because they were "platinum/diamond". Many were all "excited", for bookings to open up on the next new ship in Europe and the braggarts were alive and well with those claiming they were the "first" to book the cruise we were on- over 500 days prior. :) Interesting thinking- I thought- yeah- stick with mostly the Caribbean and and wait years for Europe?? Not my travel thinking. :)

Agree with you on this one. We tried a European cruise on Princess (actually a TA) and loved it and have since done two more with two more booked.

Other than perhaps a better price why does it give anyone status by being one of the first to book a new ship?

We sailed on HAL because of an itinerary we really wanted & were happy to be considered 1 star mariners on day 1. But keeping a certain status level throughout the brand would force them to lower the perks on all brands because there would be too many passengers at higher levels. We do want to try other Carnival corporation brands, but do not expect any perks, other than "past guest."

I had hoped they would allow my carnival status to go to Princess for our cruise next year. Basically there are no itineraries on Carnival we wanted, on the ships we like.

So we changed to MSC which matched our status. Good move on MSC's part. The funny thing is that I booked Princess for a 14 day cruise and when I changed to MSC not only was the cruise $1000 cheaper but I went from a aft facing, obstructed balcony to a suite.

I still like Carnival but I have a feeling that my upcoming cruise on the Conquest will be among my last.

We sailed on HAL because of an itinerary we really wanted & were happy to be considered 1 star mariners on day 1. But keeping a certain status level throughout the brand would force them to lower the perks on all brands because there would be too many passengers at higher levels. We do want to try other Carnival corporation brands, but do not expect any perks, other than "past guest."

Many young people start on Carnival but when they get older would like to get something a little better.

Going up in value people would be more inclined to stay in the family if we were offered a few perks to do so.