Mixing cruise Lines

deborahjo

While owned by the same umbrella corporation, Carnival Corporation, each cruise line is an independent entity/subsidiary and sets it's own rewards/upgrades. They are related to cruising on the ships of that line/ subsidiary--Carnival, Princess, HAL, et.al.-- not to cruising under the umbrella corporation.

Has anyone heard if Carnival Corp is considering crossing cruise lines?

Reason I ask is because I need 10 days to move to next level. I have 7 days on Princess. Would put us closer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That would really be nice because we'd then try another cruiseline. However, as of now, that probably won't happen.

The other lines usually are more expensive. There are so many Platinum/Diamond cruisers on Carnival vs. their other lines. I really don't know if what I said is true or not, but I expect it is true.

Hi there

As much as I enjoy cruising with Carnival, the perks are not significant (other cruise lines do seem to give much better perks) for me to restrict my searches for value, in fact I am hoping to find better value with other cruise lines. Then I know I did my job as an informed consumer.

Best perk (and it is available for all CCL companies) is the OBC for shareholders.

have a great cruise

I've often thought it would be a sound business investment for the Carnival Corporation to encourage sampling of their other brands by extending a one-time transfer of days cruised on the other brand to the brand normally sailed.

Some people may move up the brand ladder by extending this offer and if not the Carnival Corporation hasn't lost anything and have rewarded loyalty at the same time. My suggestion would be for any cruise length and again a one time offer.

I tried a 7 night with Princess and found it to be loaded with recent arrivals to the middle class who had delusions of grandeur. It was back to Carnival for us but I'd appreciate the 7 nights credited to my Carnival account to acknowledge that at least I tried another of their brands.

Edited by sanmarcosman

While owned by the same umbrella corporation, Carnival Corporation, each cruise line is an independent entity/subsidiary and sets it's own rewards/upgrades. They are related to cruising on the ships of that line/ subsidiary--Carnival, Princess, HAL, et.al.-- not to cruising under the umbrella corporation.

The only exception to this that I know of, is cruising on P&O Australia which adds to your Princess Captain's Circle status progression.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I WISH they merged. :( I would be almost Platinum by now on Princess which I believe has nicer perks then Carnival. I do know that you can still get past guest rates if you go from Carnival to Princess or vs. You just have to call to get that set up.

I WISH they merged. :( I would be almost Platinum by now on Princess which I believe has nicer perks then Carnival. I do know that you can still get past guest rates if you go from Carnival to Princess or vs. You just have to call to get that set up.

Free internet minutes for platinum is nice

Think about it, there already are Thousands of platinum and diamond cruises, on Carnival. It isn't much special, and frankly- not that difficult to get platinum.

IF they were to combine all the lines- wouldn't it occur to the "wishers" that the numbers are going to be MUCH higher to "obtain" the top levels? Do you really think that current numbers with 75+ days are suddenly going to become top tier on all the lines?

I cruise for itineraries. I don't cruise for any perks. I want my cruises priced lower. Extra perks are paid for with higher fares.

Yes it is. I don't usually use the internet but when I am on Princess and get it for free I do.[emoji14]

Bill

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Next year we turn platinum on princess and looking forward to that. Only problem is they have lots of plats and diamonds so speed is slower than ccl but still nice benefit

We have recently started cruising on Princess and strongly prefer it for European cruises.

Wish they would combine loyalty programs but all indications is it will not happen anytime soon.

On the other hand, how would you feel if they combined the programs but used Carnival's perks for both lines? Probably don't want to see them combined now, do you? ;):D

On the other hand, how would you feel if they combined the programs but used Carnival's perks for both lines? Probably don't want to see them combined now, do you? ;):D

We would still be ahead when we sail on Princess so would be happy. CCL's laundry is better than Princess.

And might try another one of Carnivals lines.

We would still be ahead when we sail on Princess so would be happy. CCL's laundry is better than Princess.

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. Slam the laundry with triple the amount, for more "perk" people every week.

I'm a firm believer in the cruise lines remaining separate. I've attained my status with each by SAILING on them. Not the easy way, through a back door. There are already thousands of people who already quality just like I have- by sailing on them. How "special" do you think the perks will be, when half the ship has them? Along with the increased costs, that are going to be paid for by the passenger.

Try them anyway. Didn't you enjoy cruising when you didn't have perks? Different lines give you different itineraries, different private islands, different types of ships, different practices on board.

A cruise isn't a wife so try them all. ;):D

Edited by Computer Nerd

Try them anyway. Didn't you enjoy cruising when you didn't have perks? Different lines give you different itineraries, different private islands, different types of ships, different practices on board.

A cruise isn't a wife so try them all. ;):D

I clearly saw the "no other line- perks too important" thinking on the Vista. Actually shocked me, all the people who claimed they wouldn't sail any other line because they were "platinum/diamond". Many were all "excited", for bookings to open up on the next new ship in Europe and the braggarts were alive and well with those claiming they were the "first" to book the cruise we were on- over 500 days prior. :) Interesting thinking- I thought- yeah- stick with mostly the Caribbean and and wait years for Europe?? Not my travel thinking. :)

I am Diamond on CCL and Platinum on Princess.

We always book a suite on Princess as they are often cheaper than Carnival, have amazing balconies and have great perks including free laundry. The laundry goes out in a bag and comes back on hangars and is all ironed!!! Way better than Carnival. They even did a great job cleaning my evening gown when a drunk woman poured a sticky cocktail down my back in the theater. I don't dare send any of my stuff out on Carnival, just my husbands underwear and tee shirts.

We get enough minutes between the 2 of us on Princess for being Platinum that we don't ever have to pay for Internet on Princess.

I would love it if they matched status when you sailed on another line like they do on RCCL. We are Diamond on RCCL, so that makes us Elite on Celebrity and also gives us an elevated status on Azamara.

Oh, to sail as an Elite on Princess by virtue of being Diamond on CCL! That would be wonderful!

Edited by DebJ14

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. Slam the laundry with triple the amount, for more "perk" people every week.

I'm a firm believer in the cruise lines remaining separate. I've attained my status with each by SAILING on them. Not the easy way, through a back door. There are already thousands of people who already quality just like I have- by sailing on them. How "special" do you think the perks will be, when half the ship has them? Along with the increased costs, that are going to be paid for by the passenger.

Why do you think I was slamming the laundry on Princess. Just think it is better to get it back same day on Carnival instead of waiting 2-3 days on Princess.

Nothing more nothing less