Disney Gift Cards

seaotter15

I just saw the number to call...duh...

But I hope I can simply use on board as well. :-)

seaotter15, please update this after you call. I will be very interested to learn how this went for you because I was hoping to do the same. Were you able to apply Disney gift card(s) to credit your shipboard account?

Thanks!

Unless the rules have changed, you can use them in the gift shops. That's the only place on the ship that they can be used "directly." Otherwise, you go to Guest Services and have them applied to your account. KEEP THE CARDS until the money is spent; if you are owed a refund it will be refunded to the card. It is a real mess if you have disposed of the card. This also applies if you put it on the account before cruising or used it to pay off any portion of the cruise fare.

In addition to buying Disney Gift cards at a discount at places like Target (purchased with a Target Red Card for 5% off) and at Sam's Club for similar discount off full value price, you can also if you have multiple gift cards go to DisneyGiftCard.com and consolidate those cards into one card for simple redemption aboard the ship at guest services, or in the shops. People can also use them to pay for your onboard charges, tips and purchases. Prior to your Paid In Full deadline you can call DCL and use the balances on the gift cards to pay for your cruise fare. Many ways to use them!!!

I have also gone to guest services onboard to have the gift cards applied to the onboard statement balance. Typically if you go during an odd time, there is no line. For me it has always worked out going is a few minutes before eating at Trident's/Luminer's/ Royal Palace/Court, most people are going straight to dinner or the show and are not thinking about going to Guest Services.

Avoid goingto GS anytime there is a character M/G or an event going on in the Atrium, since there are a lot of people there.