Is Carnival Breeze holding alcohol until disembark ?

baygirl2222

did I read somewhere that now when you disembark in Galveston that Carnival is holding the alcohol until the morning and there is another line for picking it up ? Are they not giving it out at night like our previous cruises ? And is TABC standing right there, or do you pass up the table. thank you

When we were on the Breeze last summer, we had to go to the Fun Shop on the morning of debarkation to pick up alcohol purchased on board. The line was crazy long, and there were lots of complaints. It was so bad that we refused to buy any alcohol on board on our next cruise. It was not worth the hassle.

You will need to ask. On the Breeze on a 7 day, they delivered the night before. On 5 day Liberty and the Triumph, pick up in aft restaurant the morning you leave. Same on 3 different 7 day on Freedom. Just ask, I do and they always tell me. All of these out of Galveston and in 2016.

Edited by timeinthesand

added $3.75 per bottle tax Texas now collects in the terminal

how long was that line?

When we came off the Liberty Dec. 1 there was no one in line to pay the tax. The people ahead of us had liquor and had the TABC form filled out and the money ready to pay and were at the TABC table for less than a minute.

There will be a TABC form in your cabin early in the cruise. Don't throw it out since you will need it if you buy liquor. It is a much easier process if you have a completed form and are prepared to pay the taxman.

We were on the Splendor the week before Christmas and we bought a 4 liter bottle of Crown on the ship, more so for the bottle size, and 2 one liter bottles in port. We received it all in our stateroom the last night. I think carnival may be seeing a drop in bottle sales due to the debarkation pick up.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on the Splendor the week before Christmas and we bought a 4 liter bottle of Crown on the ship, more so for the bottle size, and 2 one liter bottles in port. We received it all in our stateroom the last night. I think carnival may be seeing a drop in bottle sales due to the debarkation pick up.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would hope people would refuse to wait on line.

The last cruise we were on, the sales person on the ship told us that the fun shops are not actually owned by Carnival. There is a contract, and it prohibits Carnival from holding the liquor purchases until the morning of debarkation. If the liquor is bought at Port and brought onto the ship, then it is held until the morning of. If it's bought from the fun shops, then you get it the evening before. I'm not sure how accurate that is, but we did get ours the evening before.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

We were on the Breeze out of Galveston in May 2016 and I purchased some booze from the fun shops on board. I had to wait over an hour in an absurd line to collect them before getting off the ship. You also have to pay tax when going through customs. Not worth the hassle at all.