Beach Clubs?

SCAnthony

Are there any beach clubs close to the port in San Juan? Something similar to the beach clubs/beach bars in Cozumel that has beach chairs/umbrellas for rent and clean facilities? I've looked on tripadvisor and other sites and can't find anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not on the same side of San Juan as the cruise port. TA will show you the beaches on the north side at the various resorts. There is a small beach on the west end of Old San Juan, between the piers and the El Moro fort/park, but it's strickly DIY. No facilities there. Probably the closest northern beach is Playa Pena. http://sanjuanpuertorico.com/playa-pena-old-san-juan-beach/#14/18.4679/-66.1060

Are there any beach clubs close to the port in San Juan? Something similar to the beach clubs/beach bars in Cozumel that has beach chairs/umbrellas for rent and clean facilities? I've looked on tripadvisor and other sites and can't find anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If your looking to go to the beach walk around and rent chairs Isla Verde/Carolina is a good beach. Not to many facilities though.

I bought a beach package through Island marketing and was more than happy. Good food, drinks and includes chairs and umbrellas. https://puertoricocruiseexcursions.com/excursion/san-juan-beach-break/

I Cannot remember which hotel has a day pass. Not my kind of thing, i do not need a pool and would prefer to have less people around me.

If your looking to go to the beach walk around and rent chairs Isla Verde/Carolina is a good beach. Not to many facilities though.

I bought a beach package through Island marketing and was more than happy. Good food, drinks and includes chairs and umbrellas. https://puertoricocruiseexcursions.com/excursion/san-juan-beach-break/

I Cannot remember which hotel has a day pass. Not my kind of thing, i do not need a pool and would prefer to have less people around me.

Can you tell me a little more about the beach break excursion? I looked at the website and it seems really nice! I assume food is not included, but drink are? Do you remember about how much transportation was from the port and is it pretty easy to get there and back?

Thanks!!

Can you tell me a little more about the beach break excursion? I looked at the website and it seems really nice! I assume food is not included, but drink are? Do you remember about how much transportation was from the port and is it pretty easy to get there and back?

Thanks!!

It was great and we had a great time, plenty of beach, we were placed all on our own and loved it. I think it was MORE than worth it especially with 6 drinks and a meal! That normally cost more than double anywhere else!

I just went to their site and saw that food is still included, You should look again on the right hand side in the highlights sections.

We paid $21.00 from Old San Juan, when we were ready they called us a cab which came in 5 minutes. They did tell me that they might include transport in the future but you should ask them if they did. I like the fact that i could take a taxi, that way i left to the beach when i wanted to.

I definitely recommend this excursion in San Juan if you have already toured the Old City. Pretty inexpensive for what you get.

It was great and we had a great time, plenty of beach, we were placed all on our own and loved it. I think it was MORE than worth it especially with 6 drinks and a meal! That normally cost more than double anywhere else!

I just went to their site and saw that food is still included, You should look again on the right hand side in the highlights sections.

We paid $21.00 from Old San Juan, when we were ready they called us a cab which came in 5 minutes. They did tell me that they might include transport in the future but you should ask them if they did. I like the fact that i could take a taxi, that way i left to the beach when i wanted to.

I definitely recommend this excursion in San Juan if you have already toured the Old City. Pretty inexpensive for what you get.

Thanks again!

I guess the "meal options" threw me off - like it was "optional" (meaning you get it if you pay [emoji2]).

I read one report of the ride to the beach being a little sketchy - was that your experience? Did the taxi drivers seem to know where you wanted to go?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks again!

I guess the "meal options" threw me off - like it was "optional" (meaning you get it if you pay [emoji2]).

I read one report of the ride to the beach being a little sketchy - was that your experience? Did the taxi drivers seem to know where you wanted to go?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I had read that once and i have to say that i did not feel what that person felt. Again seems that person fell on someone who didnt know, what they were doing or going and who really knows what roads they took. There are dozens of taxis lined up outside the cruise ship terminal so i asked and they all said yes no problem and i got into the first one.

I never felt unsafe anywhere in the san Juan area.

When i went for my taxi, before entering, i asked if they new the location as i always do BEFORE entering any taxi and they new exactly where we were going and only took about 15 min drive to the beach.I have learned to ask before entering any taxi anywhere because it has happened to me to in the past.

That said with smart phones nowadays that should never be more than a 2 minute issue. I would not worry

Not on the same side of San Juan as the cruise port. TA will show you the beaches on the north side at the various resorts. There is a small beach on the west end of Old San Juan, between the piers and the El Moro fort/park, but it's strickly DIY. No facilities there. Probably the closest northern beach is Playa Pena. http://sanjuanpuertorico.com/playa-pena-old-san-juan-beach/#14/18.4679/-66.1060

As a Local to PR I would strongly advise to stay away from both of these beaches. The one between the docks and El Morro is in front of the old San Juan Gate at the end of Paseo la Princesa. Waters around that part is very contaminated with sewage from a pipe that runs underneath a short pier there. That's why you ALWAYS see it empty. Playa Peña is across the street from the Capitol building on the north side of SJ. This beach is secluded, about 60 feet below street level with no direct view from it. Daring locals and those that know the area are the only ones that go there due to security issues. There's also the fact that there's no lifeguard around and more than likely no one to help you should anything happen. Some bums and homeless people roam the area at all times.

Try one of the packages mentioned from Island Marketing, VIVO beach club or try the day pass from places like the Marriott Stellaris in Condado (the beach here leads directly to open water and waves and undertow is sometimes an important and dangerous issue).

Which beach does the excursion bring you to? I was looking at this same excursion.

Thanks

• 2 months later...