GSC cabana's

Beaver1975

What is the difference between a large cabana and a small cabana. Since they is only a $50 difference, is that the $50 food and beverage allowance that come with the large cabana?

Plus, what do you get for $549 and $599? If you have the beverage package isn't the food and beverage allowance a moot point?

Logged into NCL & looking at the GEM pricing for GSC for this May (2017) - small is $425 and large is $475, room for 6 and 8 guests respectively, both come with $50 F&B credit, along with comp'd bottleld water, fruits, chip & salsa - both get 4 sets of floating mats.

Small cabana can fit 2 add'l guests at $25 p/p. Large cabana can fit more guests @ $25 p/p also (didn't say how many more) - based on the descriptions (which, I presume to be updated & current ... since it was recently remodeled, etc.)

Other difference is location, small ones at Fiesta Beach, off the main beach and large ones at Cabana Beach ... ;) Differentially priced based on the ship and anticipated supply & demand, I guess :D

(NCL dot com recovered from a 503 error earlier - couldn't log in earlier today)

Just got back from an Christmas cruise on the Sky. We were at GSC on Christmas Day. The price of the small cabana was $279 and the price of the large cabana was $299. We opted for the large cabana. The price covers up to 8 people and $25 for guests 9, 10, .... (we were a family of 4) and includes $50 towards food ordered off a special menu. The cabana had 1 lounge chair with a table and 1 chair with an ottoman and table right out front of the cabana. Entering the cabana there was a large sectional coach along the back with a table in the middle of the room with chips and salsa and a bowl of fruit. A mini fridge had bottled water in it. There were 4 floating mats and 8 beach towels. Out back was an outdoor shower and a hammock. We had a beverage server who brought us drinks all day and a food server that brought the food we ordered from the special menu. When we tipped he asked if we would like anything brought over from the bbq buffet. It was an incredibly enjoyable day - I felt we were waited on like VIP guests.

In my opinion it was well worth the cost of $299 (and it was special for Christmas Day) but I would have to think about spending over $500 when sailing the Getaway or Escape.

Hope this information helps.....sorry I forgot to take pictures. Maybe someone else will have some.

note for anyone not familiar that the cabanas are far from the water and up a hill with ramps. not steps

well at least the ones i saw when i was there by the small cabanas.

point is you cannot really watch any little ones from so far if you need to