I have a question!

While on the Freedom in November, I booked 5 cabins on the Allure for the April 16th (Easter)sailing. It came out at $2149.14 for 2 in a C1 balcony. That was the price at the time of booking. They sent the reservations to the TA I used, which happens to be one of those TA that uses a website where they compete for your business..

The price that RCI is quoting today comes out at $1794.14 for this C1 cabin.

Now I posted this sailing on this (competing)website today, and they are all coming in at around $2076 including the TA they sent the reservations to.

Final payment is on Friday. Should I call this TA and see if she can adjust the prices before I pay on Friday? the difference is about $282 I can save on each cabin. I would like to hear your input from you before I call this TA.

Edited by caribbeanboy

I don't recommend using a TA- it is soooooo simple to do yourself on line and on phone. My experience with TA's is it is hard to get out of the original price. Best of luck.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Except when cruises magically get "repriced" when you just look at your booking. ;)

TAs might also offer added incentives (OBC, specialty meals, etc) that RCI doesn't.

Typically a TA or even RCI, if booked directly, won't adjust the price of an existing reservation if a lower price becomes availably for, even if it's prior to final payment, without you requesting it be done.

Just call, mention the current cost of same category booked is lower for and request the lower cost in their quote. If they refuse say you'll all be cancelling and rebooking with another agency who have quoted the lower price as the lost OBC for a onboard booking of a balcony for a 7 night cruise is $100 so all of you are still much better off cost wise. I doubt they'll want to lose those 5 bookings and all future business from your group. ;)

Edited by robtulipe

I don't recommend using a TA- it is soooooo simple to do yourself on line and on phone. My experience with TA's is it is hard to get out of the original price. Best of luck.

Try booking a 12-person, 3 generation family cruise on a line you've not cruised before! Thanks, but our TA was invaluable. She was also able to get two refares for the group, resulting in significant savings. I've booked cruises for DW and me for years, then handed the booking over to the TA for perks, but this was one cruise best left in the hands of a professional.

Update: I ended up getting $73 discount on each cabin, but each cabin comes with $70 obc, voucher for specialty dining and prepaid gratuities. So i say it's a win win. Thanks for all your help.

Now I have another one. Since I have never been on an Oasis Class, how do you have to make a reservation if you want to see a show?

We've actually had the opposite experience with using a TA. We always use our TA. She always keeps abreast of pricing as well and always keeps track of her customer's cruises for price reductions etc. Prices are always as low as RCI and then we get an on-board gift from the TA as well. I guess it all depends on the quality of your TA. I can't speak for on-line TA's. I would think they would be a little more impersonal.

Another thing a good TA can do for you is to shop for your travel insurance and other things like lodging, transportation etc. that RCI might be limited to help you with.

Update: I ended up getting $73 discount on each cabin, but each cabin comes with $70 obc, voucher for specialty dining and prepaid gratuities. So i say it's a win win. Thanks for all your help.

Now I have another one. Since I have never been on an Oasis Class, how do you have to make a reservation if you want to see a show?

You can make show reservations using your Cruise Planner on Royal's website.