POA Maui - Kahului Overnight Car Rental Parking

Wahnsinn

This was my experience, I even called the rental company and verified. I suggest you call for yourself. I left the ship around 10:00 my rental was for 10:30. Do not confuse Airport with port.

We didn't recall until thinking about it now that Alamo did offer a shuttle at one time, but that service stopped last year - but that involved Alamo only. Do call around when making reservations though to get the latest shuttle information from the companies you are considering.

I just got back from renting cars on Maui and Kauai. I used the rental car shuttles in both places. I just want to add that you must remember you are on "Island Time". No one is in a hurry. I heard someone in one business place explain that the people who work on the docks are there to do only exactly what is in their job description. There is no one on the dock who can offer general information about all the shuttles, buses, walking paths. Only the driver of each shuttle can tell you where he/she is going. The traffic guys are only there to keep you from getting run over....not to help you find where you need to go. For example, on Maui, the opening through the fence that led to the Thrifty shuttle was guarded by someone who did not know where to find a Hertz shuttle. If you have arrangements at 5 am, I am sure there will be no one to help you if your ride does not show up. NCL washes its hands when you leave the ship if you are not going on one of their excursions. And all of the docks, except Kona, are utilitarion and industrial. We had a fabulous trip....just have to keep your sense of humor.

Kauai allowed all kinds of shuttles. We did not rent a car but did purchase a Helicopter ride from Blue Hawaiian (about $70 less that the POA excursion). Maui was the only port that kept outside shuttles away.

• 1 year later...