What are the benefits of concierge rooms?

njpln

Was pretty funny. :D. They go..... " but I am in Aqua, a class above Concierge..... you mean to tell me, the lower class get to dine in here and we don't"

I kid you not....(anyone would think we were on the titanic) . but, the funniest thing was, they asked where they were to go for lunch and was told the buffet :p

We enjoyed our lunch, it wasn't a huge menu but what was on it was sooooo delicious, the lamb cutlets were awesome. 3 courses all great, with nice wine and drinks was a lovely way to start our holiday. And it was nice and quiet.

I think that Celebrity is 'dropping the ball' on this thing. The idea of the higher class cabin not getting the benefits of the lower class cabin and sending them to the Buffet, is just going antagonize the people paying the higher prices. At a minimum, to limit the 'blow back', Celebrity should either let the higher class cabins go to the dining room or open up another restaurant for them.

It really is not the meal location so much as the principle of it.

From what I understand in another thread the afternoon canapés have stopped. We are in a sweet class, Sky Suite, and from what I understand you now have to go to Michael's club for afternoon snacks. Of course there's always room service.

They were still giving us canapes (or cheese or one day hummus) in December in Concierge. We actually enjoyed not needing to wait in line to book excursions or to give feedback; we did it with the Concierge. We also booked specialty restaurants through her, with no wait, but weren't looking for a deal.

Since DH died, I sail solo and book Concierge class primarily for 10 points/night (Zenith has actually become a possibility within my lifetime :D) vs. 6 in a standard balcony. I've also sailed B2B on longer cruises (Europe/Transatlantic and vice versa) with one cruise in Blu and the other in MDR. The food and ingredients were actually the same, just with different presentations. I do like the shower in Aqua, though, but it isn't worth a big chunk of change to get it.

Was pretty funny. :D. They go..... " but I am in Aqua, a class above Concierge..... you mean to tell me, the lower class get to dine in here and we don't"

I kid you not....(anyone would think we were on the titanic) . but, the funniest thing was, they asked where they were to go for lunch and was told the buffet :p

We enjoyed our lunch, it wasn't a huge menu but what was on it was sooooo delicious, the lamb cutlets were awesome. 3 courses all great, with nice wine and drinks was a lovely way to start our holiday. And it was nice and quiet.

The stench of entitlement was strong with that one. I can picture them marching straight to Guest Relations and demanding to know why they couldn't have lunch in Bleh. Sigh. This is why we can't have nice things. Reminds me of the little spoiled brats who whine and complain because their brother or sister got something they didn't get.

I'm looking forward to our nice, quiet, uncrowded MDR lunch next month. Hopefully before it's taken away because of all those "high class" complaints.