Dream Drydock

backnine05

I've had the old burger joint on the Carnival Splendor and Guy's on the Glory. They are both very good. Really looking forward to trying the BBQ. Does anyone know if the pizza upgrade is as good or comparable to the pizza pirate? We really enjoyed the pizza pirate on the Glory

I've been doing lots of reading but it's my first time posting here.

I have been doing lots of research on the Dream as my family will cruise it in Feb...

Found this. Hope it's helpful.

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3307/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDg0MTE5NDUzL3NpZC9mVTglN0V0NHcyM1dJRWxlbjk5am1FaG5CbWNqSnpFdW0xZUdqJTdFdmQ3T0pBc0hBdSU3RVJqeEFhY1BjY1NQZnJvSlJybFc5QzN5ZkdwMlhLTUFQamFHY01Cd1ZSdG56V1VhZlV0c1ZNQW8wVDRlV3A4RjU2MTJuNzhxTFElMjElMjE%3D

I've been doing lots of reading but it's my first time posting here.

I have been doing lots of research on the Dream as my family will cruise it in Feb...

Found this. Hope it's helpful.

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3307/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDg0MTE5NDUzL3NpZC9mVTglN0V0NHcyM1dJRWxlbjk5am1FaG5CbWNqSnpFdW0xZUdqJTdFdmQ3T0pBc0hBdSU3RVJqeEFhY1BjY1NQZnJvSlJybFc5QzN5ZkdwMlhLTUFQamFHY01Cd1ZSdG56V1VhZlV0c1ZNQW8wVDRlV3A4RjU2MTJuNzhxTFElMjElMjE%3D

From that site: (in case it gets taken down after)

Carnival Dream dry dock: 1/29/17 - 2/11/17

In addition to routine hotel maintenance and cosmetic enhancements in lounges and public areas such as new carpeting, wall coverings, tile work and lighting, the following will take place:

• Alchemy Bar (replace Plaza Bar at Ocean Plaza)
  • Pizzeria del Capitano (replace Carnival Deli)
  • Carnival Deli will move to interior section of Lido restaurant
  • Guy's Burger Joint (replace Off the Grill)
  • Blue Iguana Cantina (replace Pizzeria)
  • Guy's Pig & Anchor Bar-B-Que (replace Oceanside Barbeque)
  • Bonsai Sushi

I find it interesting that the Dream hits drydock in just a few weeks and no official information has been released. That's either really good or really bad. I'm also on the first cruise after drydock and getting anxious about this one.

We're going on the Dream 2/12/17...do you know the date it comes out of dry dock? thanks!

From that site: (in case it gets taken down after)

Carnival Dream dry dock: 1/29/17 - 2/11/17

In addition to routine hotel maintenance and cosmetic enhancements in lounges and public areas such as new carpeting, wall coverings, tile work and lighting, the following will take place:

• Alchemy Bar (replace Plaza Bar at Ocean Plaza)
  • Pizzeria del Capitano (replace Carnival Deli)
  • Carnival Deli will move to interior section of Lido restaurant
  • Guy's Burger Joint (replace Off the Grill)
  • Blue Iguana Cantina (replace Pizzeria)
  • Guy's Pig & Anchor Bar-B-Que (replace Oceanside Barbeque)
  • Bonsai Sushi

Yay! Happy that our next cruise on the Dream will have these additions. Thank you for sharing. :)

I belong to another group that just yesterday posted the following from https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail: Alchemy Bar (replace Plaza Bar at Ocean Plaza), Pizzeria del Capitano (replace Carnival Deli), Carnival Deli will move to interior section of Lido, Guy's Burger Joint (replace Off The Grill), Blue Iguana Cantina (replace Pizzeria), Guy's Pig & Anchor (replace Oceanside Barbeque), Bonsai Sushi.

Red Frog Rum Bar is not the same thing as Red Frog Pub :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sadly it is not. :( When I went on the Magic I got to experience the Red Frog Pub, and it was awesome! I thought for sure her "sister ships" would also have it. So disappointed that the Dream did not, and now to learn that it won't. :(

Sadly it is not. :( When I went on the Magic I got to experience the Red Frog Pub, and it was awesome! I thought for sure her "sister ships" would also have it. So disappointed that the Dream did not, and now to learn that it won't. :(

Surely there must be plenty of bars on the Dream.

Surely there must be plenty of bars on the Dream.

Yes, they have plenty of bars. However, the Pub is different. It was my family's place to meet and hang out most nights on the Magic. They had a couple fun "pub/bar games" and lots of places to sit. The "bars" are just a long counter with stools surrounding it.